Buying Australian items

I have found that if I am looking for say brooches, if I just put in brooches after about 4 listting the rest are from China etc. If I put in Brooches Australia it takes over 20 listings before I get listings from China etc. Why? No wonder our sales are down we hardly get a look in before stuff from overseas takes over.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Buying Australian items

The best you can do is use the menu on the left and choose located in Australia.    Even then, you still have to weed out the international  sellers.

People have been complaining about this for some time - ebay program does not seem to be able to understand that some buyers just want to search for australian items from austalian sellers located in Australia. 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

People have been complaining about this for some time - ebay program does not seem to be able to understand that some buyers just want to search for australian items from austalian sellers located in Australia. 

They don't understand or they just don't care...

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

Try refining searches to something like 2000 klms from a postcode in Sydney.

(sorry Perth)

It eliminates all the Chinese listing as being in Darwin.

image host
Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

Thanks, I had forgotten about using distances from a postcode works much better for getting to Austraian buyers. Obviously  don't buy much on Ebay. Use it to see what is for sale more to get a rough idea of what to sell my items for.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

Try refining searches to something like 2000 klms from a postcode in Sydney.

(sorry Perth)

It eliminates all the Chinese listing as being in Darwin

------------------------

A couple of weeks back, I did a search where I ticked to look at items within 50 km of my postcode and it showed some local items but my jaw dropped because under the aussie items, it went on to show stuff in UK and brazenly listed it as thousands of kms away.

I am at a loss to know why on earth th system would even bother showing them to me> I was sitting fuming at the computer, muttering "That's a bit more than 50 km, isn't it?"Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

If I'm looking to eliminate Chinese sellers but still include most Aussie sellres I use Innamincka, 5731 and the 2000klm distance.

Innamincka is pretty near the geographical centre of AU.

And 2,000 klm gets most (but not all) other areas of AU.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

Actually Oodnadatta, 5734 is probably a better choice as it catches Brisbane, Perth and Hobart just inside the 2000km. It cuts out just a little bit of the far north-west coast of WA. This will catch the majority of AU based sellers.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

Oodnadatta is also the hottest place in the country. A bit of Sunday night useless trivia.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Buying Australian items

I thought Marble Bar was the hottest place in Australia

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply