CC chargeback ???s

My first chargeback and just want to make sure I have all the necessary info for paypal

I have a lodgement receipt and also printout of tracking showing delivered

Attempted delivery 2/5 - Item was redirected to local P.O. and collected 4/5

There are no address details or postcodes anywhere on either docs. so how do I prove that it was posted to the correct address (I use ebay postage labels)  Is paypal able to access this info from Ebay?

TIA

Susan

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CC chargeback ???s

On your ISP emails "postage label created"  shows the addresses - if  you kept it, this may help.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

CC chargeback ???s

I am guessing not, but if there was signature on delivery get that faxed from Aust Post.

Otherwise I think AP are able to supply you with the delivery address based on the tracking

Is paypal able to access this info from Ebay?

PayPal is able to access eBay info but don't most of the time.

It is up to you to provide all the info. Have copies sent to PayPal of all you have.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

Thanks for the infoSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

On your ISP emails "postage label created"  shows the addresses - if  you kept it, this may help.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

Curraone,

Thank you so much. You are a genius. I've never bothered to look at them before now.

All the info I need is there. YAY

SusanWoman Very Happywomanvery-happy::

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

Correct me if I'm wrong as we do not use ebay labels...

But I would have thought that the buyer's address is recorded against the tracking number automatically when you create the shipping label. So you will have this requirement correct hands down.

Same thing if you use Click and Send.

So going by what you have said above I think you have all the bases covered for full seller protection against any chargeback claim.

I would be surprised to see you lose that one.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

Definately get something from Auspost.

Put in a written claim/enquiry via "my support"  https://auspost.com.au/portal/#/login

You will then receive an email of the result of their investigation.

As stated, go to paypal with as many documents as you can.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

I always save the eBay email, but I also save a copy of the PDF that's generated for labels purchased online (especially handy for anyone who buys labels via Click & Send, which I know isn't the case here, but C&S emails don't show adressee details). 

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

This has happened to me as well, but since the transaction had happened about 6 months ago, I didn't have the lodgement receipt anymore.

I gave PayPal the Aus Post tracking number, photos of the parcel with the ebay postage label, and screenshot of tracking showing delivery.

I ended up calling PayPal after about 5-6 days as I hadn't heard anything. Spoke to a really lovely lady in the US who looked through all the info I had provided as she just wanted to find the tracking number. She actually made a comment that that was all she needed (but I'm still glad I provided all that I had, just in case). Next day, the case was decided in my favour. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

CC chargeback ???s

if only we could all get 'that lady' when we call

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply