Can I bulk edit UPC numbers?

I have hundreds of listings and every one of them should be UPC - Does not apply. However, in the Bulk Edit tool there doesn't seem to be a way to change them except for individually. Urrghhh! Is there a way to bulk edit them?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I wouldn't imagine so as each UPC is unique.

But try switching to the quick listing tool if you haven't.

Edit - Oh, I think you want to select No UPC or whatever the wording is. I would have thought that is the default unless a UPC is entered.

image host
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

The default is just empty. When I try to bulk edit *anything* now, it won't let me save the changes unless I fix all errors, and having no UPC is an error... so I'm having to go through hundreds of them today, right now, as once I started I can't stop until they're ALL done, or none get saved. This is crazy!

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

yeah you bulk edit the UPC and MPN the same way you bulk edit everything else. it's under item specifics.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

But it's not there.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Ok, just been in to have a look.

You can leave the field blank like I do or do the following.

If you are getting the quick edit tool after selecting all listings, next to customize columns make sure quick edit tool is maximised.

Then you can scroll across and after payment policy you will see UPC/EAN/ISP

image host
Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Maybe I'm doing this wrong, but it doesn't work for me.

In the bulk edit tool, I select all but on the right there's no option to bulk edit, only "Edit in bulk one at a time" (yeah, that makes sense...?) 

If I "maximise" then I'm only editing the one item (which *does* have the UPC field, after it refreshes itself).Image1.jpg

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Sorry, just came back.

Yes I see, can you get a different option if you checkmark all listings in the edit tool ?

I thought once all listings are selected (turn blue, background) you simply change one and it carries to all others, but appears not.

Found this though - https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyway-to-bulk-edit-UPC/td-p/24143671

image host
Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

I found that too, doesn't look hopeful. And the image I posted was what I see when I select all the items in the list. Going via the bulk edit tool and changing them one by one, it takes about 10-20 seconds per item which is faster than editing from the listing itself, and less scrolling. 

The other thing that's become mandatory is the brand, and I *was* able to bulk edit that to "unbranded - by going to the Edit Fields drop-down menu and clicking "Item Specifics". (Actually not quite in bulk as my items are across several store categories and I had to edit each category separately.) Item Specifics is where the UPC should also be, of course, but it's not.

What's more, it won't let me *save* that change to the brands because of the other "errors" (no UPC) in those listings.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Wow, that's frustrating.

I'm only a hobby seller so I don't have those probs.

When you say mandatory item specifics, is that because it's a store as I don't seem to have those?

I don't select anything in UPC, unbranded or condition description in any listings.

image host
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply