Can I bulk edit my listing to exclude buyers from a continent/country

Up to now my auctions have been open to everybody througout the world. it has been suggested that I not sell to South America or Russia. I've never had any problems selling to buyers in Russia, however a buyer in Chile is claiming (no doubt truthfully) that he hasn't received his purchase after a month. Can I bulk edit my listings so that I exclude buyers in South America as I suspect that postal services in South America might be unreliable. I would rather do a bulk edit rather than edit each listing individually.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I seem to remember that you can go into your site preferences and choose the countries you don't post to, and then choose the option "apply to all my listings"

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

If you have opted into Business Policies and have them in use on your listings then all you need to do is to edit the postage policy to exclude any country and it will be instantly applied to all listings that use that policy.

The three policies we make use of are Returns, Payment and Postage.

So an edit to any of these will make changes to all our listings.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Try going into Account > Site Preferences, and then the postage section.  There's a section in there somewhere that allows you to block specific countries.  

If you've got business policies set up you can do it in there but you should do it in both places.  And check to see if there's a box to tick so it applies to all listings, as has already been said.

Make sure you check any new listings, especially if they've been sitting in unsold and you relist them.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I'd block Canada while you're at it.       JMO

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

and Italy

and Greece

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

And Israel and Estonia

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I work on anywhere that is not as close as NZ. Which includes NZ.

They seem to think postage is the same, in $NZ, as it will be in Australia.

They had the choice to join and they declined, so that is their problem. Plus they have Trademe, so they don't need us.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Is Estonia bad for posting to or posting from? I've bought quite a few things from there (not for a while though) which all arrived within 7 working days. A couple of the sellers I got chatting to throughout the course of the transaction (auctions that ran over about 10 days). It was interesting to talk about each others country and some of the differences. Of course my favourite topic was food!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply