Can I sell my ebay store?

Does anybody know if I can sell my ebay store?

I have tried ringing customer service and the twit on the other end of the phone says he "thinks" I can.

Has anybody done this?

or enquired about doing this?

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

simple answer....NO

Message 2 of 88
Latest reply

You may get sued for false advertising, if any buyer expects to buy a thriving business opportunity

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 88
Latest reply

AFAIK You still need to get ebays permission to exchange the username although I cannot seem to find the relevant

clause in the user agreement anymore.

Chinese whispers say it is rarely given and mainly in the case whereby a B and M business has the same business name

and the entire business is sold.

ebay.com chatboard link below

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Starting-an-eBay/Can-I-sell-my-eBay-business/td-p/2849188

link I found on the net below with a copy and paste

http://neilwaterhouse.com/buying-and-selling-ebay-businesses/

Be aware that selling an eBay business has special risks – eBay makes it difficult for sellers to transfer their eBay User ID to another owner. eBay spokesperson Johnna Hoff explained, “As a general rule, we do not allow users to transfer eBay user IDs. It’s important to understand that this helps protect the reputation a seller has built and the integrity of our feedback system. In relatively rare situations that involve the sale of an entire business, we may give consent to a seller to transfer the user ID connected to that business. We consider these requests on a case-by-case basis and work with the requestor on the specific requirements of the transfer process.” - See more at: http://neilwaterhouse.com/buying-and-selling-ebay-businesses/#sthash.2ux1ogBl.dpuf
atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 4 of 88
Latest reply

thanks everyone for your answers -  wasn't sure customer service was telling me the right thing.

Message 5 of 88
Latest reply

Be aware that selling an eBay business has special risks – eBay makes it difficult for sellers to transfer their eBay User ID to another owner. eBay spokesperson Johnna Hoff explained, “As a general rule, we do not allow users to transfer eBay user IDs. It’s important to understand that this helps protect the reputation a seller has built and the integrity of our feedback system. In relatively rare situations that involve the sale of an entire business, we may give consent to a seller to transfer the user ID connected to that business. We consider these requests on a case-by-case basis and work with the requestor on the specific requirements of the transfer process.” - See more at: http://neilwaterhouse.com/buying-and-selling-ebay-businesses/#sthash.2ux1ogBl.dpuf

Gawd some massive porky pies in that statement made a few years ago now by eBay "spokesperson" Johnna Hoff 

Small to medium size businesses are sold lock stock and barrel ALL THE TIME - what planet do these "spokespeople" you hail from ??? LOL

The sale of a business has nothing to do with eBay - as much as they would like it to be their beeswax - it is not. 

Contact details such as individuals names for businesses change all the time. 

To change the contact name for a business ID you update the details and submit - if it is accepted by the system, it is accepted - just like we all complete our acceptance of the Terms and Conditions - it is an online operation - fill in details submit.

I have changed name contact for some of my IDs on a few occasions over the years, no hassles for me.  But then again I was not trying to sell an eBay ID to someone else.  I was just changing business contact name details only.

That being said, I also imagine if you changed a whole lot of details at once, a flag would go up and you may be restricted.  

Message 6 of 88
Latest reply

Need eBay's permission to transfer ownership of the selling ID?

One example in Australia, when this was granted. When a eBay seller with an established store died, his son applied for and was given permission from eBay to take over the store.

As a buyer, no way of knowing the person who built up the store with a high number of excellent feedback, had sold it to someone (who may or may not be a good seller).

Message 7 of 88
Latest reply

Different scenario all together than I am referring to.

The legalities regarding transfer of property and other interests when someone dies have different legal and transfer requirements.

Message 8 of 88
Latest reply

It was an example of someone requesting permission to take over another persons eBay ID/store. Consent to do so was given. It wasn't in reply to your post/what you were refering to.

eBay User Agreement

3. Using eBay

While using the eBay services, you will not:

• transfer your eBay account (including Feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/user-agreement.html?rt=nc

Message 9 of 88
Latest reply

Please engage your brain.

Consent is an online submission process - such as when when we submit our request to join eBay and agree to their terms and conditions and they consent to let us sell OR not.

If they consent there is o bells and whistles.  No fanfares.  No certificates.

If eBay have a problem with an ID, whether new or not, for a broad range of reasons they send an email advising of the issue.

Not certain, Google it dear am *wink*

Message 10 of 88
Latest reply