Can I use my load and go Visa card from Aus Post to sell items?

Can I get money in it from items i sell?
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I don't think so.

You have to accept Paypal, Paymate or a have a merchant credit card facility.

I'm fairly sure that any payments processed through those all require a bank account for payments to go to. Paypal will hold funds in your account, but if you don't want to spend from there, you need a bank account to withdraw funds to.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

So if my load and go card is connected with a PayPal account i can receive funds from things i sell, and use it to buy other items with the PayPal account online (ebay)
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

You can certainly apply part or all of your existing Paypal balance towards new purchases but you can not withdraw those funds to anything other than a proper bank account and definitely not to your load and go Visa card.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
You can certainly apply part or all of your existing Paypal balance towards new purchases but you can not withdraw those funds to anything other than a proper bank account and definitely not to your load and go Visa card.

Sorry, that is incorrect.  I withdraw funds from my Paypal account to a Load&Go Visa card all the time.

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Yes, you can certainly transfer funds from a bank account to your load and go Visa card, but Paypal isn't a bank account.

As I said, you can only transfer funds from Paypal to a bank account, and not to any form of credit or debit card, which is exactly what a load and go Visa card happens to be. As you claim otherwise, I'd really like to see you provide some evidence.

Withdraw funds - PayPal 2014-07-21 17-12-04.jpeg

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

My bank account has a debit card attached. Paypal require the bank account numbers not the debit car numbers but the end result is the same. The funds transferred from Paypal goes into a bank a/c with a debit card attached. The debit card can then be used online to spend those funds.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The Load and Go cards have a BSB and bank account number on back of the card. Therefore those could be used in Paypal to withdraw money into.

From Auspost website:
"Recipient BSB: 880 100
Recipient account number. Use the 9 digit account number (Acc No) located on the back of your card
If a recipient account name is required, please use 'Load and Go'"

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:
The Load and Go cards have a BSB and bank account number on back of the card. Therefore those could be used in Paypal to withdraw money into.

From Auspost website:
"Recipient BSB: 880 100
Recipient account number. Use the 9 digit account number (Acc No) located on the back of your card
If a recipient account name is required, please use 'Load and Go'"

This is exactly correct, and exactly what I do. 

cq_tech:  I've been doing it for months using the Load&Go Visa, as it assigns you a bank account as it's not truly a credit card per se.  You only use your own funds to make purchases through it, and as am*3 alluded, the BSB and account number on the back are your account details.  For the account name you use 'Valued Cardholder', which is what is written on the front.

I've got three cards, and use them all this way.

amxsuperstores - Australia's three largest motorcycle accessories superstores.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

If Paypal are classing these cards as pseudo bank accounts by virtue of their attached BSB and account numbers, that would make them far more useful than I'd initially imagined. The fact that Paypal don't allow their users to withdraw to credit or debit cards has always been a major problem as far as I'm concerned so this is clearly a very useful workaround to the issue.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply