Can blocked bidders still message sellers?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you have had communications with a buyer before putting them on your blocked bidder list you will not be able to invoke the no contact option until that first communication times out.

If they are on your blocked bidder list you also have to tick the no contact option as well or the only thing that will happen is that they cannot bid or buy.

This needs to be done before they have contacted you in any way or it will not work.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

yes, they can. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

This block feature does not appear to work very well.

If they have a recent current transaction with you then they can.

If there has been previous recent communication between you then they can reply to any of those and get thru.

Otherwise they should not be able to, but it quite often appears to no work.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If you have had communications with a buyer before putting them on your blocked bidder list you will not be able to invoke the no contact option until that first communication times out.

If they are on your blocked bidder list you also have to tick the no contact option as well or the only thing that will happen is that they cannot bid or buy.

This needs to be done before they have contacted you in any way or it will not work.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As Lyndal has said, you need to tick the box in account settings which prevents blocked buyers from contacting the seller. I have experimented with my own accounts, blocking my personal ID from my store accounts and have found a relatively easy way to circumvent the block.

SOOOO The system works at a basic level, but anyone who knows some of the nooks and crannies that ebay use to hide functions can find a way around the blocks. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Lol it's like inviting vampires into your home.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply