Cancelled a transaction and refunded money to buyer because I noticed a defect in item

I cancelled a transaction mutually with the buyer because when I went to pack the item for sending a noticed a defect.  We mutually agreed to cancel the transaction and I refunded the full amount via Paypal.  How do I I ensure the ebay final fees aren't charged.  Thankyou in advance for your assistance with this, it's never happend to me before.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Cancelled a transaction and refunded money to buyer because I noticed a defect in item

If you sent the buyer a request to cancel and they agreed your shouldn't be charged and ebay should credit you the selling fee, if you haven't sent a request to cancel order ebay will still charge you.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You did a mutual cancellation,so why were you packing the item to send? It's never happened to you before so do you do this often? You will get defects.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I cancelled a transaction mutually with the buyer because when I went to pack the item for sending a noticed a defect.  

Noticed the defect in the item first,  then took the action of informing the buyer about it and cancelling the transaction.

Depends what 'reason' was given for the transaction whether they get a defect for seller performance standards.

If it was a mutual cancellation, maybe none.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The cancelled transaction may count against your seller performance if the reason selected indicates the item is out of stock or no longer available, or can't be delivered. Learn more about seller performance standards.
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

ahh thanks,my bad for having the attention span of a fly & watching TV while reading the OP.I didn't get how it worked & i think of a defect as a not real thing that eBay gift us with along with the common word for gastrointestinal problems.Is that how the_pooze got the inspiration for their ID i wonder.

I'm wearing a defect for the same thing from before it was even a defect.If i had a time machine I'd go back & not refund & still post the item with the tiny flaw that i thought would make it not as described.Would save myself $8.25 & 20min of my life that i won't get back.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply