Cancelling a transaction at the buyers request

ancarswa
Community Member

I've had two buyers in the past week or so buy an item but then request to cancel. Apparantly the iphone app shows free shipping but when they realised the shipping cost they wanted to cancel. Both were international orders and I believe them as this has happened to me with the ebay iphone app as well. 

However they both claim not to have received a cancelation request even though my screen shows that it was sent and waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund and agree to cancel. Neither had paid so no refund was necessary. 

It will not let me do anything else now since I have a cancellation request open. 

Has anyone had this problem? 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can't say I've had this issue, but I've only had a couple of cancellations. You might just have to wait the 10 days by which time you should be able to close it yourself and get your fees back. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some more suggestions.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I use the app, i have never asked for a cancellation so cant help there, you could try to message your phone buyer for there email addy, it just has to be broken up, eg: names at hotmail dot com.
Dunno if your buyer will though. Its the same thing if the phone user needs an invoice for combined shipping also (thats to say it has to be sent to there email addy).
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

moonia99
Community Member

Yes this has happened,you need to give it time to process,once ebay has confirmed that the buyer has received a refund even though they never paid ebay will then send you a message letting you know that.

This could process quickly or it can take a while.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I had this happen to me last week. It took about 7-10 days for Ebay to let me know. I ended up re-listing the item before then. Good luck! Regards Carla.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Related to this if a buyer buys by mistake (didn't read the listing) and has paid, will I as the seller get a breach if I refund? Even if the buyer requests cancellation.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

ancarswa
Community Member

I've had cancellation requests before and it was all done straight away. I've never had it take so long especially with the buyers saying they have not had a cancellation request come through to them. 

I might suggest they log on to ebay with a laptop/desktop and see if the request shows up there. 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply