Changes to the eBay header across the Australian site

luna-2304
Community Member

Over the next few days you will see changes to the eBay header across the Australian site.

The changes to look out for are:

The Sell and Help & Contact links will move to the left hand side of the header.

The Community link will move to the footer.

There won't be any drop-down menus associated with the above links. You can still find the pages that used to appear in the drop-down options through the Help & Contact page

A new Notifications section can be found on the right hand side of the header.

Regards

The eBay team.

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Only replying here as your'e the last poster.

I'm going to ask a really dumb Rhonda question.  

Has that 'bell' always been up there (if it has I've never noticed it) or is it something new  - a reminder to post items.

Message 11 of 66
Latest reply

I already asked that 'dumb' question.

It's new and lets you know when an auction or item is ending

in your watch list.  An orange thingie pops up next to it.

Message 12 of 66
Latest reply

The "bell" has been on phone for yonks.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 13 of 66
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

Has that 'bell' always been up there (if it has I've never noticed it) or is it something new  - a reminder to post items.

I take lots of screengrabs and went back through my screengrab folder and found this one** I took on 15th Jan 2015

accorn.JPG

**For anyone who is wondering why I took this screengrab it was to show the ACORN banner across the top of my screen at that time on that day.  Glad to have it now to show that the bell was not there on my page two weeks ago.

Message 14 of 66
Latest reply

Well then,  'yonks'  isn't as long as I thought it was

Message 15 of 66
Latest reply

The bell has been on the mobile app for yonks, haven't seen it before on the desktop site.

Message 16 of 66
Latest reply

I'm no good at screen shots, but on my other id I've been experimenting with, it said 'You have been paid' Ship the item (or words to that effect)

Message 17 of 66
Latest reply

It would appear Ebay do not want any discussion boards to be easily found. This new change is utter C**p. Another USELESS Change

Message 18 of 66
Latest reply

I think the bell has been on the US site for ages, so they are probably just getting in line with them. I know whenever I go to the .com site I get all these items down the right side saying I am the highest bidder or I have been outbid.

Message 19 of 66
Latest reply

'Woohoo!  Now the members can't talk to each other 'cos they don't know where we've hidden the Discussion Board.  Gosh this is such a great day being a techie at eBay.  Oh! Is there a problem with the Watch List, the Search criteria.  Sorry, that will be a 2016 fix job, having too much fun at the moment confusing the proverbial out of the members'.

XOXO

Your eBay Tech Team

Have a Nice Day

Thank you for choosing eBay

Message 20 of 66
Latest reply