Changes to the eBay header across the Australian site

luna-2304
Community Member

Over the next few days you will see changes to the eBay header across the Australian site.

The changes to look out for are:

The Sell and Help & Contact links will move to the left hand side of the header.

The Community link will move to the footer.

There won't be any drop-down menus associated with the above links. You can still find the pages that used to appear in the drop-down options through the Help & Contact page

A new Notifications section can be found on the right hand side of the header.

Regards

The eBay team.

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

I also just noticed Community  gone in its place a Bell with these words Your item Sold Ship Now!   even though i have 2 days handling in listing WOW  bossy bossy Ebay   ..Should i run to my closed local rural postal centre and bang on the windows yelling --Ebay told me I must Ship now!!!!!  Open up or else !!!!!!

Message 21 of 66
Latest reply

"The Sell and Help & Contact links will move to the left hand side of the header.

The Community link will move to the footer."

Companies usually hide links, or make them harder to find, when they dont really want them to be used, but have to have them there to show they are acting on behalf of their clients and the public or their branding.

I suspect theres been a few too many complaints recently stirring in the community, and Ebay are moving to make the community harder to find- dont want too many newbies finding out about all the shoddy stuff Ebay does to sellers. In another year the link will probably disappear completely, be only be found via another page.

Message 22 of 66
Latest reply

@gtx305 wrote:

"The Sell and Help & Contact links will move to the left hand side of the header.

The Community link will move to the footer."

Companies usually hide links, or make them harder to find, when they dont really want them to be used, but have to have them there to show they are acting on behalf of their clients and the public or their branding.

I suspect theres been a few too many complaints recently stirring in the community, and Ebay are moving to make the community harder to find- dont want too many newbies finding out about all the shoddy stuff Ebay does to sellers. In another year the link will probably disappear completely, be only be found via another page.

I suspect theres been a few too many complaints recently stirring in the community, and Ebay are moving to make the community harder to find- dont want too many newbies finding out about . . . . . the Financial Ombudsman Service and how to deal successfully with PayPal, PayPal disputes, PayPal rulings and the implications on sellers funds by the eBay MBG.

There is a thread that is currently active that is documenting some successful dealings with the FOS over the PayPal 21-day hold on funds http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

Can't have this information easily available to sellers now, can we???

Message 23 of 66
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

Can't have this any information easily available to sellers members now, can we???

Fixed that for you... 😛

Seriously, how dumb is this update? 

It might not even be half so bad, except that right up at the top, next to all the options given prominent position to members, is eBay's

bought sharks with fricken laser beams on their heads on ebay, but when they got here they were just goldfish with highlighters taped to their heads

Every time I search for a topic there, all I get are stubbs of irrelevant info and lists of stuff that eBay thinks match my search.... Trouble is, often I know the exact title of the help page I'm searching for, and that isn't anywhere near the list of results, so gawd only knows how newbies ever get any helpful information from there.

Not to mention if I had a buck for every time an eBay employee didn't have an answer and/or know what they were talking about, I wouldn't even need to sell stuff on eBay.

😞

Message 24 of 66
Latest reply

Good on ya greedbay..Why dont you fix the glitches instead may i ask ??????

Message 25 of 66
Latest reply

funny-picture-so-im-like-your-call-is-very-important-to-us.jpg

Message 26 of 66
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I already asked that 'dumb' question.

It's new and lets you know when an auction or item is ending

in your watch list.  An orange thingie pops up next to it.

my thingie looked like a lemon so maybe the bell is St Clements???...anyways I decided not to bid...

I mean...who wants to bid on a lemon?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 27 of 66
Latest reply

I suspect the MBG is keeping them very busy. Probably more so than they expected.If they make the forums harder to find and to get advice to claim it might cut down on the amount of claims.
Message 28 of 66
Latest reply

Under my notifications it's telling me an item sold and was paid for and to ship it.  I sold and posted it on 4th January but of course I wasn't able to mark it as posted along with the other item in the parcel, so now it'll probably show there for weeks.

What's the point of a notifications section when it's all in our watchlist anyway? 

On the bright side, I was able to access my watchlist the normal way today for the first time in almost two weeks.

Message 29 of 66
Latest reply

Exactly !!!! After a whole day of fruitless on and off searching and an (unanswered) email enquiry, I only found the discussion boards again by going the 'long route' !

Went to 'help and support' and typed 'A - Z index' into the search box and looked there for D for Discussion Boards.

So, as usual, ebay has NO regard for the convenience of their customers, both buyers and sellers

Message 30 of 66
Latest reply