Changes to the eBay header across the Australian site

luna-2304
Community Member

Over the next few days you will see changes to the eBay header across the Australian site.

The changes to look out for are:

The Sell and Help & Contact links will move to the left hand side of the header.

The Community link will move to the footer.

There won't be any drop-down menus associated with the above links. You can still find the pages that used to appear in the drop-down options through the Help & Contact page

A new Notifications section can be found on the right hand side of the header.

Regards

The eBay team.

Message 1 of 66
Latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

It's hiding in  'legal privacy and more'.

Cos that's where all the newbies are gunna look.............not!

Message 31 of 66
Latest reply

I love IT guys - want to know why?

Because 99 times out of 100 they implement a technical solution that gives zero thought to practical implementation.

And here is yet another example. Still as long as your code looks neat that's all that matters eh.

Fire the lot of them!

Message 32 of 66
Latest reply

Also found 'Discussion Boards' at the bottom of the Feedback page.

Seems like it is everywhere except in the most practical place - at the top of the page - where it was easily accessible.

I think the tech team are the stars in that new movie - Dumb and Dumber to!!

Message 33 of 66
Latest reply

really hating the notification saying
"your item sold you got paid ship now"
Message 34 of 66
Latest reply

Is there anything else that works on ebay that needs "fixing"?

Message 35 of 66
Latest reply

I just heard that the next update to the ebay site will be random insertions of chinese characters in order to condition us to further changes in the pipeline.

Message 36 of 66
Latest reply

I had to do a google search "Ebay selling forum Australia" to find this link.

Are they trying to stop us from communicating too?????

Message 37 of 66
Latest reply

I just think the 'back door' approach taken by eBay on this is the absolute pits.

There should have been a formal announcement to the site change.  They seem to be able to do that at all other times, so why not on this one.

Interesting the methods members are using to find the boards again....!!!

Message 38 of 66
Latest reply

Superfluousbay.com.au

Laugh and snort!!!! This thread was a great read.

Guisebay.com.au

The techies were contracted for 4 days..... And we look forward to their restructuring for 'our collective' benefit this time again next year.

Dig, dig, dig, dig a little more. China is so close. Dig, click click, dig, dig. clunk.

Did you find this page useful/helpful in any way? Go back 3 spaces.....

We would love to hear your feedback. Please collect your free gift bag on exit. Wear the free mouth gag ball with head fastening leather strap, coupled with the over sized butt plug contained within your gift bag on entry next time to receive 40 free listings.

***upcoming changes***

We at ebay are a generous bunch of greedy, dissonant, counter productive **bleep**s. We are now affording all basic sellers 80 listings per month! 80! Clean your lenses, tune those retinas! That is correct! No need to re-read! 80! Eighty! EIGHTY!!!!

Since we are so generous, there must in turn be an reciprocal exchange of this generosity. When the new generous free listing allocations come into effect, FVF will slightly increase from 9.9% for basic sellers to 90.1%.

Open a store now to peruse our store packages for even greater discounts!! 

Kind regards, Your overlord: Ebay Inc.

Everytime I read about change notifications to this site I anticipate feeling like a hopeless wedgie victim, who happens to be an amputee from the elbows up, and consequently quite unable to unwedge myself....

You can take away the discussion thread button from our drop down menu, but you can never take away our internet page visit history!!!

Indeed-what of the poor **bleep**s who sign up tomorrow?

No need to discuss anything. All be peachy.... Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.......... and hand over your money at the toll booths with affection for the overlords......

Message 39 of 66
Latest reply

Seems like it, doesn't it RetroVintage?

I'm seriously peed off, I had an issue this morning and thought "Oh, I'll ask on the boards"......**bleep**?

I'm fairly new to the current ebay, I used to buy/sell a lot 5 odd years ago so have been using the boards as I know they are there. If I were a new seller or buyer and didn't know that there is in fact a whole big community, I doubt I'd ever know.

I had to go looking, and it's no easy feat. I found the links down the bottom of the home page.....but seriously, how many people have their bookmark set for the home page?!! Then they have to scroll through all the "promoted" stores (ie - paid ads) to find it!

C'mon ebay, you have GOT to be kidding?

Message 40 of 66
Latest reply