Changing email for PayPal in sold items

naau132
Community Member
Hi I listed and sold a few things but I used a wrong email address is there anyway to change it on the sold items ? People have already sent payment to wrong email it is pending but won't clear cause I can't get into that email any help would be great
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry, once an item is sold, there is no way to update the email address so that payments via eBay's checkout will go to the correct email address.

If the incorrect address is one you actually have access to, you can add it to your PayPal account as a secondary address and will then be able to receive the payments, otherwise you could try calling PayPal and seeing if they can redirect the payments to your account, as they are able to in some circumstances.

If neither of those are options, the only thing you can do with the sold orders is ask the buyers to cancel their payments and send them an independent invoice generated directly from PayPal - just make sure you fill out the invoice with all of the correct information, including the eBay title and item number is recommended. 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

If it is an old email address that used to be linked to your Paypal account then you can call them up and they may be able to sort it If it was just a typo and you cannot create that email address ad add it to Paypal then all you can do is ask the buyers to cancel the payments and tel them you will send them a Paypal invoice. Some inexperienced members may be unwilling to do ths as they may think it does not give them buyer protection.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Occasionally I have listed with my old email address for Paypal payments, but the money still goes thru.

Go into your Paypal account & check whether the payments have gone into your account. Add your new email address as the primary to your Paypal account.

Then any future listings U submit now to eBay, make sure U put the correct email address to which the Paypal payments are to be paid.

Actually my old email address is the ID with which I sign in & a Paypal representative told me if I remove that address I won't be able to sign in.

I have several email addresses in my Paypal list, because I have more than one eBay ID.
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply