China has the largest online population in the world

China has the largest online population in the world: 538 million users by the end of 2012, versus 141 million in the USA.

China has the largest online population in the world 538 million users vs 141 million in the USA.jpg

Reentering Asian Markets, eBay Rolls with New Strategy

"the new strategy of eBay is... to deliver differentiated global solutions by utilizing eBay’s international trading network; one of its global competitive advantages."

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Well..........................even with their one child policy, they do have a bit of a headstart, don't they?

But you know, I would have thought that Australia would have had more than 1%, wouldn't you?

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Interesting article written by students.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

The only person I know who does not do the Internet is my ex husband and my 87 year old aunt (says something, doesn't it?)

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

@ajarnjenny wrote:

Well..........................even with their one child policy, they do have a bit of a headstart, don't they?

But you know, I would have thought that Australia would have had more than 1%, wouldn't you?

It blew me away that they have 538 MILLION users vs the USA's 141 MILLION...

If I were an international company, it is certainly a market I'd be trying to tap.

But Australia's 1%, in perspective, is really not that surprising as we only have an entire population of 22 million

edit - and there you go, you know 2 people of that 22 million who don't use the internet, and I reckon I'd know a few more LOL

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Yes.................I was reading it as percentage of population, not internet usage (for the Australian component). 

A couple of gin and tonics will do that to you.Woman Tongue

The difference doesn't surprise me so much..............lots of poor people in the US,

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Income distribution across Chinese population is disgraceful and shameful according to Australian standards IMO.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Income distribution among US population is disgraceful and shameful.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

@ajarnjenny wrote:

Yes.................I was reading it as percentage of population, not internet usage (for the Australian component). 

A couple of gin and tonics will do that to you.Woman Tongue

The difference doesn't surprise me so much..............lots of poor people in the US,

I'd never really thought of it TBH, I guess in my little first world cocoon I kinda thought that the US would be pretty similar to here regarding wealth distribution iykwim

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Yes it is.

So is eBay global income distribution.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply