Chinese seller has multiple listings of same item and is also making out they are based in Australia

Hi all...

We have an issue where we are trying to sell into a particular category but have been "blocked" for use of a better word by a Chinese seller masquerading as an Australian Seller.  They have also got multiple listings of the same product which is stopping us from moving up the rankings.

To make matters worse they also have multiple eBay seller id's in which they are doing exactly the same thing.

Has anyone come across this issue and if so is there a way of contacting eBay to get them to remove the violating listings?  I have tried reporting their listings but to no avail.

Cheers,

Tim

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Chinese seller has multiple listings of same item and is also making out they are based in Australia

I understand that this problem is rife throughout eBay and is one of the reasons why "Aussie" sellers on eBay can feel so disregarded these days.  Using the report button to report this activity might help, but I doubt it will do anything.  I've reported things before, nothing ever happens.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

When you report the seller it goes to eBay. AU. But eBay. AU have no jurisdiction over members registered in another country. All they can do is pass on your report to that member's country and it is up to them to take the corrective action.
This is why nothing ever happens when you report a foreign based seller.
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Can I ask what makes you think the seller is Chinese pretending to be an Australian seller and how do you know it's the same user using multiple accounts? Do you have concrete evidence it is all from 1 person , that can be used as a case for eBay to review?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply