Click & Send Satchels - Are they worth it?

I have been using Click & Send for months now, my only concern was ebay wriien on the side so staff at Australia Post who handle the satchel will know there is goods inside that people have paid for.

Today, I had my 8th missing satchel. I am not a big seller so this is a lot. I went into my local Post Office today was was told even though Click & Send has tracking, they cannot do anything.

So I rang Australia Post, explained to them a satchel was posted on July 26 and only had to go about 500km in the same state (country town to the city). They told me postage can take up to 15 working days within Australia even though the declaration was signed. They also told me I cannot claim a refund on lost items sent in the Click & Send satchels, yet I have had refunds before!

Makes me wonder even though Click & Send satchels are cheaper than the PrePaid Parcel Post Satchels, is it worth it logging into a site which runs very slow and takes several pages before you print the postage slip when it is much easier to get a PrePaid Parcel Post Satchel and write the address out even though it costs a bit more to post it

Is anyone else having issues with these satchels?

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

One concern I also have would be the AP staff knows there are goods in it paid by someone because it has the ebay logo on it, whereas the Parcel Post Plus satchels dont

Every parcel has something that somebody paid for.  Or what do you think people send to each other; worthless bits of junk?

Even if AP does not compensate for lost C&S satchels, I am sure it is much less likely that people will do false claims if the tracking shows it was delivered.  I cannot see any reason why people do not use them.  I use them for anything cheap that is too big to be sent as a letter.  If it has to go as a parcel it may as well go with the C&S tracking.

Nothing will ever be 100% safe, and occassional loss has to be factured into pricing of the under $50 items.  That is the down side of on line trading.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 11 of 42
Latest reply

One concern I also have would be the AP staff knows there are goods in it paid by someone because it has the ebay logo on it, whereas the Parcel Post Plus satchels dont

Every parcel has something that somebody paid for.  Or what do you think people send to each other; worthless bits of junk?

Even if AP does not compensate for lost C&S satchels, I am sure it is much less likely that people will do false claims if the tracking shows it was delivered.  I cannot see any reason why people do not use them.  I use them for anything cheap that is too big to be sent as a letter.  If it has to go as a parcel it may as well go with the C&S tracking.

Nothing will ever be 100% safe, and occassional loss has to be factured into pricing of the under $50 items.  That is the down side of on line trading.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 12 of 42
Latest reply

I may be missing something obvious here but I have not seen any explanation for the missing parcels.  Using Click and Send the tracking number is automatically uploaded to the ebay posted entry so even without an AP receipt the item should be trackable by entering the number in the AP tracking site.

I am now using Pack and Track AP satchels which are more expensive simply because I found the entry process for Click and Send frustratingly slow and because I only have a printer connected to an office computer not the one I do most ebay transactions on. 

However I am pretty sure it was a Click and Send parcel that I had a not received enquiry on some months back and by entering the tracking number I was able to advise that AP had attempted delivery and had returned the parcel to the P.O. as nobody was home.  (Apparently no card was left at the address but the item was indeed awaiting collection at the post office).

Message 13 of 42
Latest reply

how come my letters with bills in never go missing?

Message 14 of 42
Latest reply

I may be missing something obvious here but I have not seen any explanation for the missing parcels.  Using Click and Send the tracking number is automatically uploaded to the ebay posted entry so even without an AP receipt the item should be trackable by entering the number in the AP tracking site.

It is only trackable if AP scans it; if it is not scanned how do you imagine it can be tracked?  When you enter it on line the number appears in your sold items, but unless it is scanned when you hand it over there is no proof it was actually posted.

Message 15 of 42
Latest reply

I may be missing something obvious here but I have not seen any explanation for the missing parcels.

Parcel goes missing when:

- it gets caught in sorting machine and the address becomes illegible

- somebody in AP nicks it

- somebody nicks it from the buyer's mail box

Message 16 of 42
Latest reply

I have never had any issues with them, and don't use them any more as the prepaid satchels only cost a little extra and I find them easier to use.

AusPost should be scanning them and giving you a lodgment receipt if handing them over the counter.

I think the AusPost tracking system is updated when the label for the Auspost/Ebay satchel is created, so it is tracked before lodgement.

Message 17 of 42
Latest reply

The fact that they upload ebay checkout addresses and print them (no misread hand writing or errors writing address), along with crosschecking suburb and postcode match, reduces most lost or delayed post.

The 15 day investigation rule is more to allow for stray items to be redirected or RTS than actual normal delivery time.

Over counter scanning is more secure, but street lodged is still way more secure than the old prepaid system, and often worth the convenience.

The fact there is tracking discourages opportunistic INR claims.Reduces a lot of when did you post emails

Overall C & S is better value than other forms of post in regards to cost/convenience /security, for moderate priced items.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 18 of 42
Latest reply

I have been using Click and Send for 12 months or so without a problem. In the years I have been selling on Ebay I have had one item that the buyer said he never  recieved but I suspect it was at his end. I was a to a Sydney suburb with a slissy reputaion. I know one of my supplier personally who operate in a bush area, who have outmail picked up by the postie who lost hundreds of dollars worth of outgong orders till they put a lock on the post box and gave the postie a key!  Ever since that I always select "if unattended, leave a card in the mailbox to collect at nearst Post Office" . I also ensure that the declaration is signed and that I recieve a lodgement reciept. That way there documentation and that equal proof in writing. I would be making some waves in Aust Post for a full investigaion with that many lost. Someone knows you in Aust post and are waiting for your orders! Probably locally.

Message 19 of 42
Latest reply

Post 8

“Whilst lodgement proof may be suffice to avoid a paypal refund - what about the buyer as they are out of pocket ? it falls on the seller to refund - or I suppose some might hope that paypal may make a discretionary to the buyer ( noting that paypal do not advise the seller of this anyway !)”

The sellers’ responsibility for items sent by post ENDS the moment the item is handed over to Aust Post.

Therefore if the item is sent regular post (including standard click and send) and the buyer says it isn’t received, and if Aust Post reject any subsequent claim, and if PayPal decide not to make a discretionary payment, then the buyer’s only other recourse is to lodge a complaint with the ombudsman or take Aust Post to the small claims court.

That is when it comes to items not received, once postage is proved, the buyer has no recourse against the seller be it via Paypal or in a court of law.

Message 20 of 42
Latest reply