Click Through Rate Calculation

Can anyone give me any insight into the Click Through Rate calculation on the new Seller Hub please? I want to understand the Sales Funnel properly and to my mind, the number shown is always around 1/3rd what I think it is.

E.g. What's showing is this :

Listing impressions on eBay

Listing page views

0.5%
Click-through rate

Surely the calculation should be CTR = Page Views / Impressions = 1,470/111,336 = 0.013 = 1.3% ?

Anybody have any insight into this, it's been confusing me for ages?
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Is it possible the formula considers multiple clicks from same ?

In other words registering only one click even though I (same eBay ID) have just clicked it 20 times.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Page views would more than likely be independent of impressions and click through rate, as they can come from sources other than search results (eg if someone puts an item in their watch list, sees it on another seller's listing, or finds a listing via google or some other link). 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks, it could be that. That's not the normal definition of CTR though and I can't find any reference to how they calculate it. I suppose I am mostly just wondering if everyone else's CTR is similar, i.e around 1/3 of the Pageviews/Impressions number.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

The "How They Calculate It" is exactly how I think they would :

"Click through – Click through is the number of clicks divided by the number of impressions. A higher click through rate is better, meaning members were more likely to click on your item when they saw it in a search."

The article from Crazy Lister uses the same definition but doesn't seem to notice the anomaly in their own results :

They use these figures :

Listing Impressions : 10,030

Listing Pageviews : 827

Therefore, the Click-through Rate should be 827 / 10,030 = 8.2 %

But they show 3.5%, again around 1/3 of the actual value.

It's weird but at least it seems consistent.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply