Click & Collect Fraud Case

We have an item that was sent from QLD to Vic on monday by regular untracked mail. 4 days on and the buyer has opened up a not received request.  The request should not even be allowable given that the item is not even at the end of ebays own estimated delivery date! However I note that the ebay system states when an item is ready for collection at BigW. Can this fact be used in a request case to prove delivery? As if so I just need to string the buyer along until it no doubt turns up next week and if it doesnt I'll have to refund or resend.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have suggested that if it gets to BigW and ebay notifies the buyer that it is there then it has been delivered.  Whether the buyer chooses to pick it up is up to the buyer and the seller should not be penalised for that.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Was it for pick up at Woolworths/BigW?

If so I would be telling the buyer that they have to wait for a notification from ebay that the item is there to be picked up.  It is often a lot slower than delivery to a street address but once it has been delivered the buyer will receive daily reminders to pick it up.  After a week it is returned to the sender.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Yes it was to Big W and its balloons required for a party tomorrow. I've told the buyer it takes longer and that I also told them to select express post when they purchased ( they didnt surprise surprise). All the buyer cares about is that they are not there in time which is kind of fair enough. All I care about is that I might get ripped off as a result. I've told the buyer to return them when they arrive ( and reminded them that eBay will know they have arrived ie. dont try it on) and I will refund as a gesture of good will. Of course if the buyer is smart they can probably get a freebie.  First request I've had in about 8 months and what a load of ... The whole issue is caused by ebay unrealistic delivery dates, buyer stupidity and slow bigw. Don't get any of this nonsense on my website hardly surprising I dont sell much on here any more.

Yet I kop it.

Fantastic!

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

So actually I should tell the buyer to do nothing as I had one of these returned this week due to non collection and refunded the buyer less freight and fees. Big W sent it back tracked with Star track. As long as they dont collect it I get free tracked return post and the buyer gets a refund and I no doubt kop a neg! Seems the easiest solution for all!
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

How did you manage to get an untracked item through Click & Collect? With more than 1 day handling?

I thought it was only for tracked. And 0-1 day handling.

As has always been the case with untracked standard postage, the seller is liable if the buyer claims not received. Not new, not unreasonable. Almost definitely not fraud.

As you should know, given your demonstrated experience.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

How is this fraud?  You say the buyer is simply concerned that their item has not arrived.  Impatient yes, but no fraud as far as I can see.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

It would seem to be the best solution.

At least you know you will get the items back and any negative feedback could probably be removed if ebay sees that it was not collected by the buyer.

It is not you fault if the buyer does not pick it up.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

It's not fraud it was an inappropriate thread title. Sorry!
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Yes I understand and agree with you. However my point is it's not untracked is it. I offer Click & Collect on my listings as I have the correct handling time. I have plenty of listings offering untracked post and eBay have offered the click and collect service for me. It just kind of turned up. I actually dont like it but its proved popular for me as buyers can get their balloons delivered to big w and have them inflated in there.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

It turned up because we were all opted in. And given warning. It is simple enough to opt out, but given you didn't read the original notification I assume you haven't read the numerous threads about it.

Untracked is untracked. Caveat seller.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply