Click & Collect

Just a heads up. Today is the day ebay have started automatically opting us in for click & Collect. You'll get an amail through your ebay messages and also your personal email.

if you don't want to be part of it, keep a watch out, as they've started to come through and will automatically go on your listing.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Click & Collect

they automaticall opted me in (without notice ay first) several weeks ago. I totally opted out and a week or so after,they opted me back in again. Have since opted out again so no doubt they will put it back

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

go-tazz
Community Member

Just opted out on one ID but they haven't set it on the other one yet.

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Does anyone know if using this service, does ebay offer any extra protection to the seller if things go haywire??
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

@bakeandfry wrote:
Does anyone know if using this service, does ebay offer any extra protection to the seller if things go haywire??

Once it's reached Woollies, it is deemed delivered. So if it gets lost after that, too bad for the buyer I think.

I opted out when I was opted in a few weeks ago. I didn't need to as none of my listings qualify (I have a 5 day handling time and no items are free postage). I haven't been opted back in.

For those who have just been opted in on this round, you don't need to go through all your listings and untick the box. You just need to opt out in your postage preferences. That will remove it from all your listings. If your listings don't qualify, it will still show up when you create your listing until you opt out. It won't be there when your listing goes live.

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Thanks Tippy.

Do you know if you can get delivery defects? (Using c&c)

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

@bakeandfry wrote:

Thanks Tippy.

Do you know if you can get delivery defects? (Using c&c)

I'm only guessing here, but I'm assuming the same would apply as if you sent it to the buyers address. If you post within your stated handling time and have a lodgement scan, you should be OK. If it arrives at Woollies outside the estimate, but you still posted with a lodgement scan inside your handling time, any carrier defect should be removable. If a buyer takes a week to collect it, that's their problem as it is already deemed delivered when it arrives at Woollies.

Not sure what would happen in the postie didn't scan it though, as sometimes they don't (mine have always been scanned, but I've read on here when others are having items that haven't been scanned as being delivered).

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

aleausti61
Community Member

Thanks for information

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

aleausti61
Community Member
Thanks for information
Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Looks like they’ve changed the rules on tracking and handling time – have you seen this?

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/click-and-collect

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply