Click & Collect

Just a heads up. Today is the day ebay have started automatically opting us in for click & Collect. You'll get an amail through your ebay messages and also your personal email.

if you don't want to be part of it, keep a watch out, as they've started to come through and will automatically go on your listing.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Click & Collect

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@bakeandfry wrote:

Thanks Tippy.

Do you know if you can get delivery defects? (Using c&c)

I'm only guessing here, but I'm assuming the same would apply as if you sent it to the buyers address. If you post within your stated handling time and have a lodgement scan, you should be OK. If it arrives at Woollies outside the estimate, but you still posted with a lodgement scan inside your handling time, any carrier defect should be removable. If a buyer takes a week to collect it, that's their problem as it is already deemed delivered when it arrives at Woollies.

Not sure what would happen in the postie didn't scan it though, as sometimes they don't (mine have always been scanned, but I've read on here when others are having items that haven't been scanned as being delivered).

90% of my Large and Small letter are sent with no tracking. So how am I to know that the letter has arrived at Woolies/Big W?. I received my first sale yesterday with a Big W Address in WA. I thought I would let it go through as it was only $5.00 and Free Postage. Now all of my items are 5 Days Handling which I thought would not qualify.

Paddy

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Why would anyone want to collect a letter at Woolworths/Big W when it could be put in their letterbox?

It is supposed to be an alternative delivery option for parcels that cannot be picked up at a PO if not able to be deliverd safely.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Why would anyone want to collect a letter at Woolworths/Big W when it could be put in their letterbox?

It is supposed to be an alternative delivery option for parcels that cannot be picked up at a PO if not able to be deliverd safely.

I have no idea but I sent it to the Big W address as requested by eBay as that was their Postal address.

Paddy

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

I would be surprised if Woollies will accept a letter because the service is for parcels, not letters. As Lyndal said, why would someone get a letter sent to Woollies if it can go in their letterbox? It doesn't make sense.

There is only one part of your transaction that qualifies for C&C and that's the free postage. If your handling time was already 5 days, the option shouldn't have shown in the listing. I know it wasn't showing in mine before I opted out. The fact that you have sent without tracking could land you in strife. I think that was a prerequisite too.

If you want to provide the service, I'd be opting out of all your large and small letter listings and only have it available for parcels.

I'd be interested to know if the buyer actually gets it, or whether it's returned to you.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

@southaustraliacardshop wrote:

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I have no idea but I sent it to the Big W address as requested by eBay as that was their Postal address.

Paddy

Hopefully the address is because they work there. You never know. Stranger things have happened!

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

They've changed the T&C's since I read about it ages ago. Maybe it's to encourage more people to use it? Originally, it was 1 day handling and free postage. Similar to the requirements of premium listings. It's possible they weren't expecting so many people to opt out.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

jeni!!
Community Member

Has anyone who is using C&C noticed an impact on sales?

A week or so ago I was transitioning a number of items from one account to another--and decided to try an experiment.

i kept the original listings with explicit postage, and increased the prices by ~10%.

And I set up the listings on my second account with C&C at the original price.

After 3 days, 90% of sales were on the old listings, even though they were more expensive.

So I removed C&C on the new listings and sales immediately shifted from the old account to the new one.

I suspect that some buyers see C&C on an item in the search listing and assume that's the only postage option available.

Ebay needs to change it to "*Optional* Click and Collect"!

i know when I first saw it, I assumed it would offer a cheaper postage option, but since it doesn't, as a buyer I'm not interested. And as a seller it just seems like one more thin that can go wrong.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

Hello,

When I first got the notification, it was happening, I couldn't decide whether to delete it or not. I decided to leave c&c on my listings, and recieved a couple of sales from it.

After the first sale I was more comfortable with it, and have left it on. 

I think eBay should make it not as prominent, (as its very noticeable on the listings), and stating it is an optional service. 

I have no problems with it. There is a tracking number on label, so as soon as the store receives it, it is scanned and confirmed delivered. 

Havent (touch wood), experienced any problems.  It provides another delivery service, for those consumers that prefer to collect.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Click & Collect

I didn't notice any impact.... Keith Urban tour

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply