Click and Send being canned in a few months. Next best thing?

mcbaj
Community Member

Please excuse me if its been said already. I tried searching but couldn't really find the answer I am looking for.

I have been using click and send on my store for quite a few years now. Its easy and simple to use. I print out the shipping labels, 4 each to an A4 paper, sign them, cut them, and pack the bags, take them to my local PO, lodge them and I'm done. I probably do maybe around 100 each week, maybe more.

So. I get a call last month from Aust post saying that C&S is being dropped in a few months and they want me to open up an account with them. I don't like having accounts, I pay as I go. It stops me from forgetting to pay the accounts, plus I am the type if I don't have the money for something, I wont use credit, I just wait or go without. 

Anyhow, they then said I can use a My Post account? I then asked if it works the same as C & S where when I log in, all the buyers details come up in the account. They couldn't answer this. Huh?

So. Here I am. What are others using as an alternative? Does My Post work like C&S?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Over the next few months, weโ€™ll be replacing Click and Send with our new and improved parcel sending solution.

The new tool is easy to use and has the features listed below, just like Click and Send, with more functionality including eBay import coming soon!

Hereโ€™s what you can do:

• Pay for and print your own shipping labels
  • Send within Australia and overseas
  • Quickly drop parcels in a street posting box or at a Post Office
  • Pay by credit card or PayPal
  • Track all your parcels in one place
  • Easily send tracking notifications to your recipients
  • View your order history
  • Print tax invoices
  • Arrange a pick-up from your home or business

Weโ€™ve also got a lot of great new features and improvements coming soon. 

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

Just out of curiousity - why don't you use the ebay labels?

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

I use C&S for preference too.

I rather like the idea of paying my postage as I go rather than as a hideously large monthly lump sum.

C&S also keep their records longer than ebay do and I can pull postage reports as well on self defined criteria.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

but ebay labels are a little cheaper

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

but ebay labels are a little cheaper

I swapped from C & S to eBay labels when they first came in as they are cheaper and simple to use:

https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/packaging/ebay-flat-rate-satchels-boxes

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

C & S is what Im used too, and its easy. can I print four labels per A4?

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Over the next few months, weโ€™ll be replacing Click and Send with our new and improved parcel sending solution.

The new tool is easy to use and has the features listed below, just like Click and Send, with more functionality including eBay import coming soon!

Hereโ€™s what you can do:

• Pay for and print your own shipping labels
  • Send within Australia and overseas
  • Quickly drop parcels in a street posting box or at a Post Office
  • Pay by credit card or PayPal
  • Track all your parcels in one place
  • Easily send tracking notifications to your recipients
  • View your order history
  • Print tax invoices
  • Arrange a pick-up from your home or business

Weโ€™ve also got a lot of great new features and improvements coming soon. 

where did you find this? 

I think i will give the eBay post thingo a try....

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

From the Australia Post site:

The trouble with the ebay labels is you can only do one at a time, which you are not used to.       (Somebody may have figured out how to get 4 on a page, but not me Smiley LOL).    But they are definitely cheaper.       And although the cost is added to your ebay monthly account, if you are a pay as you go person, you can easily pay for them as you go by making a payment to ebay each day.

No good for international parcels tho.   I rely on Click and Send for those, so am just waiting to see what happens.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

From the Australia Post site:

The trouble with the ebay labels is you can only do one at a time, which you are not used to.       (Somebody may have figured out how to get 4 on a page, but not me Smiley LOL).    But they are definitely cheaper.       And although the cost is added to your ebay monthly account, if you are a pay as you go person, you can easily pay for them as you go by making a payment to ebay each day.

No good for international parcels tho.   I rely on Click and Send for those, so am just waiting to see what happens.

Cheaper? By 5cents on a 500g flat rate satchel. Also I tried to send this 500g flat rate satchel express and there is no option for me to do so. Only express option is for express post parcel. Where I manually enter the weight and parcel dimensions. ๐Ÿ˜ž 

So far, no good. A lotta stuffing around just for one parcel. And at only 5c cheaper.

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply