Combining invoices

Hi,

I have a buyer who is purchasing two items from me. I put those items into a combined invoice so she could save a few dollars on postage. The invoice showed the correct amount but when she paid the amount came up for only one item and the original postae amount. I refunded her and sent a new invoice asking her not to got through and pay at the end if the amount was still incorrect. She wrote and said it was still showing for one item even though the invoice she received was for the two items and correct postage. She is paying through Paypal.

In my ebay account the items are showing as being together waiting for the one payment.

Is this a problem on the invoice or on Paypals end?

Many thanks,

Michele

P.S. I have done combined invoices before and have never had this problem.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Combining invoices

It sounds like your buyer is probably using a mobile app, which doesn't facilitate multiple items from being combined on a single payment, even after an invoice has been issued.

There's a couple of workarounds, depending on what's available to the buyer - I believe (though haven't tried it myself) that if they go to their email and click 'Pay Now' on the emailed invoice, it will bypass the app checkout and keep all items combined (they can also just switch to a browser instead of the app, and click to the classic site version of eBay, in order to check out - jumping on a PC will also work).

Failing any of those options, you can send an invoice directly through PayPal for the combined amount.

If you have set up a PayPal Me profile, you can just send them your URL with the amount after a forward slash, eg if your PPM user name is mitchoc59 and the total due is $25, then the URL would be paypal.me/mitchoc59/25 (it's a lot easier to send the URL via eBay messages than it is to send invoices / exchange email addresses, though you would already have the buyer's PP address if they've submitted a payment). I always advise the buyer that they may need to select the payment is "for goods" and that I'll update the payment status on eBay as soon as it comes through. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Combining invoices

Try another invoice it will override the old.

Go to send invoice, tick all the items to be combined and adjust postage cost if need be.

DO NOT click recalculate, that reverts it back to the original.

Select preview to check it and send.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

It sounds like your buyer is probably using a mobile app, which doesn't facilitate multiple items from being combined on a single payment, even after an invoice has been issued.

There's a couple of workarounds, depending on what's available to the buyer - I believe (though haven't tried it myself) that if they go to their email and click 'Pay Now' on the emailed invoice, it will bypass the app checkout and keep all items combined (they can also just switch to a browser instead of the app, and click to the classic site version of eBay, in order to check out - jumping on a PC will also work).

Failing any of those options, you can send an invoice directly through PayPal for the combined amount.

If you have set up a PayPal Me profile, you can just send them your URL with the amount after a forward slash, eg if your PPM user name is mitchoc59 and the total due is $25, then the URL would be paypal.me/mitchoc59/25 (it's a lot easier to send the URL via eBay messages than it is to send invoices / exchange email addresses, though you would already have the buyer's PP address if they've submitted a payment). I always advise the buyer that they may need to select the payment is "for goods" and that I'll update the payment status on eBay as soon as it comes through. 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

Thank you, I had done that earlier but the problem was still there. I have now uncombined the items, recombined them and sent a new invoice. Will let you know how it goes - hopefully perfect this time 🙂

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

Thank you so much for your advice. If the first option I am trying doesn't work then I will be going ahead with what you have suggested Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

I had a buyer with the same problem last week.  She said the invoice was correct in the email but when she clicked on Pay Now it only showed one item instead of both.  I assumed she was clicking on Pay Now in the email but she may have been doing that from her purchases section, but just checked that the emailed invoice was correct.  She said she was using her mobile but didn't say whether she was using the app or not, but in the end she managed to pay through her cart (not much help if your buyer didn't use the cart to buy).

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

Sometimes it can happen where a buyer will buy a few things, you send an invoice, then they buy a few more things a few days later prior to paying for the first lot. When you go to send a new invoice, the ones from the first one don't automatically appear on the new one. There is usually a link at the top of the items in the new invoice to add all items. You can then adjust the postage and send as normal.

Not saying that's what happened to you, or even the OP, but just thought I'd mention it give the topic was about combined invoices and I've had that happen a few times.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

The buyer was able to pay once she used her computer and not her phone so all is well now.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

Thank you for your suggestion, I do appreciate that you also replied to my question.

The buyer was able to pay once she used her computer and not her phone so all is well now.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Combining invoices

You were correct, the buyer was using her mobile. Once she changed over to her computer, the payment went through no problem at all.

Many thanks once again 🙂

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply