Contender for customer of the year.

I got an email yesterday from a buyer asking for a refund. After  further investigations and some help from Australia Post and eBay, as it was stemming back from March 2016. 

3 and half months to report a missing item and ask for a refund. All I can say is click n send your are a winner.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I've seen a couple of instances where the buyer has contacted the seller 2 - 3 years after the purchase to claim non-receipt. Smiley Surprised

I had one a couple of months ago, 2-year old purchase on a low-value fashion jewellery item, which said the item "didn't hold up very well", as the chain had become tarnished. The customer had actually contacted me not long after originally receiving it and I explained how to care for it in great detail (including preventing and cleaning tarnish). 

o.O 

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

I guess some people just plain forget they have bought something and if it never shows up they just don't realise until one day something triggers their memory. We have had one message us after a couple of months asking where the item was. In our case we use large letter so we just roll our eyes back and send out a replacement item.
Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

How about a ebay user emails about an ended item saying "when the hell is my item going to arrive?" when they were the 5th underbidder on the item!  That happened this week. Bizzare.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Lots of wierd stuff happening lately. More non-paying buyers than I've ever had before.

One accepted a second chance offer, then didn't pay. For a $2.50 item....lol.

I've got 3 orders, same item, from a country I don't send to. From the same buyer under 2 accounts.

Accounts are "numbers" and low fb, so alarms are up on that one......

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I've seen a couple of instances where the buyer has contacted the seller 2 - 3 years after the purchase to claim non-receipt. Smiley Surprised

I had one a couple of months ago, 2-year old purchase on a low-value fashion jewellery item, which said the item "didn't hold up very well", as the chain had become tarnished. The customer had actually contacted me not long after originally receiving it and I explained how to care for it in great detail (including preventing and cleaning tarnish). 

o.O 

I must admit I am always on the prowl for a bargain but I do laugh at people expectations. Your story reminded me of one sale I had,when I sold here years a go, it was a big chunky gold plated necklace I think it was about 70-75gms I had a buyer complain because it was not solid gold. I think gold was about $25 a gram then so, if it had been solid gold, I could of got approx $1,750-$1,875 in scrap value. He had paid about $80 + postage 

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

What did you describe it as? If gold with no disclaimers about plating, or listed in fine, rather than junk, I would have hit you with a SNAD. Purchase price is a reflection on the seller's lack of nous, rather than a seller passing off junk as real.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

What did you describe it as? If gold with no disclaimers about plating, or listed in fine, rather than junk, I would have hit you with a SNAD. Purchase price is a reflection on the seller's lack of nous, rather than a seller passing off junk as real.

That may be something YOU may try to do but I describe my items as they are 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

So why would the buyer expect something you are not offering?

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

So why would the buyer expect something you are not offering?

Well I am assuming, like you, they was not very smart, The WHOLE point of what I wrote was about someone assuming something that was never said. Why people like YOU do that I have no clue. Now YOU can carry on trying to have your little dig at me, like you have tried and failed to do in the past. As I have said before anything you post does not bother me so knock yourself out keep TRYING pmslol

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply