Contender for customer of the year.

I got an email yesterday from a buyer asking for a refund. After  further investigations and some help from Australia Post and eBay, as it was stemming back from March 2016. 

3 and half months to report a missing item and ask for a refund. All I can say is click n send your are a winner.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

I didn't assume the buyer was not very smart. I assumed they were reading something into the ad that you claim wasn't there. Big difference. Ambiguity, maybe? Inflating description to maximise returns, maybe? Only you know.

I am not sure what the point of capitalised YOU is. I rarely buy. I would certainly not buy from you.

I was simply asking a question about why a buyer might have expected something you weren't offering. If you choose, publicly,  not to answer the question, that is a reflection on you, not me.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I didn't assume the buyer was not very smart. I assumed they were reading something into the ad that you claim wasn't there. Big difference. Ambiguity, maybe? Inflating description to maximise returns, maybe? Only you know.

I am not sure what the point of capitalised YOU is. I rarely buy. I would certainly not buy from you.

I was simply asking a question about why a buyer might have expected something you weren't offering. If you choose, publicly,  not to answer the question, that is a reflection on you, not me.

No you did not ask a question you made an accusation in another feeble attempt to have a dig at me like you do most times I post here and you have failed once again and that is a reflection on you not me.

FYI the reason for the capitalised YOU was to make sure you picked up I was talking about YOU as you are clearly not very smart. Any way you knock yourself out TRYING (capitalised because I want to make sure you read that word) to have a little dig at me because my care factor is 0 as you have been told before maybe I should capitalise it so you get that.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

No you did not ask a question you made an accusation in another feeble attempt to have a dig at me like you do most times I post here and you have failed once again and that is a reflection on you not me.

FYI the reason for the capitalised YOU was to make sure you picked up I was talking about YOU as you are clearly not very smart. Any way you knock yourself out TRYING (capitalised because I want to make sure you read that word) to have a little dig at me because my care factor is 0 as you have been told before maybe I should capitalise it so you get that.

I'm not very smart?

So why would the buyer expect something you are not offering?

I consider that a question. it's got the question mark at the end.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

I'm not very smart?

So why would the buyer expect something you are not offering?

I consider that a question. it's got the question mark at the end.

made after your feeble attempt to have a dig at me

If gold with no disclaimers about plating, or listed in fine, rather than junk, I would have hit you with a SNAD. Purchase price is a reflection on the seller's lack of nous, rather than a seller passing off junk as real

You trying to imply I sell junk and try to con buyers and before you start with the BS it was a legit question I  know and you know it was nothing more then you TRYING to have a dig just get over ity I upet you months ago and since then you keep trying and failing to have a dig. Let it go or not I really do not care lol

Just because it as a question mark after it does not make it a question you put a question mark after 'I'm not very smart' and that is you posting a fact not asking a question. You keep TRYING (yes capitalised to make sure YOU get my point) to have a dig, at me, but you fail badly but well done for trying YOU just do not have what it takes.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

must admit I am always on the prowl for a bargain but I do laugh at people expectations. Your story reminded me of one sale I had,when I sold here years a go, it was a big chunky gold plated necklace I think it was about 70-75gms I had a buyer complain because it was not solid gold. I think gold was about $25 a gram then so, if it had been solid gold, I could of got approx $1,750-$1,875 in scrap value. He had paid about $80 + postage 

Maybe you can put me in the same bucket as Dave, but I did think when I read that -

Why would the weight of a gold plated necklace even come into it? 

(Rhetorical question, BTW)

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. I'd like to remind you that interpersonal dispute isn't allowed here. Harmony is very important for this forum. Thanks. 🙂

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Is there enough room in the bucket for a 3rd person?

Spoiler
I know it's a garbage bin but I couldn't find a bucket! 😄
Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

I've seen a couple of instances where the buyer has contacted the seller 2 - 3 years after the purchase to claim non-receipt. 

I had one a couple of months ago, 2-year old purchase on a low-value fashion jewellery item, which said the item "didn't hold up very well", as the chain had become tarnished. The customer had actually contacted me not long after originally receiving it and I explained how to care for it in great detail (including preventing and cleaning tarnish). 

o.O 

-------------------------

Just out of curiosity, what did you say to the person about the purchase from 2 years back?

If i were the buyer, I would be too embarrassed to approach a seller about costume jewellery after all that time.

As a seller, I am not sure what I would do, except to say sorry, any warranty period has expired.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

must admit I am always on the prowl for a bargain but I do laugh at people expectations. Your story reminded me of one sale I had,when I sold here years a go, it was a big chunky gold plated necklace I think it was about 70-75gms I had a buyer complain because it was not solid gold. I think gold was about $25 a gram then so, if it had been solid gold, I could of got approx $1,750-$1,875 in scrap value. He had paid about $80 + postage 

Maybe you can put me in the same bucket as Dave, but I did think when I read that -

Why would the weight of a gold plated necklace even come into it? 

(Rhetorical question, BTW)

Shock horror you jumped on the band wagon

a) this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread but hell lets keep it going. No it is not a Rhetorical question it is continuing the feeble accusation I was trying to rip people off. Clearly you have never warn a heavy necklace one of the most important factor is the weight of it. It is not just about how it looks it is about how it feels.The fact is I sold hundreds of the necklace and 1 person thought it was going to be a solid gold necklace FYI even though offered a refund they wanted to keep the necklace.

So either move on or keep making your weak assumptions I really do not care. All this is about is I upset 4 of you so far 3 of you have jumped  on the wagon to TRY and have a dig wonder if #4 will join in to. lol

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Is there enough room in the bucket for a 3rd person?

Spoiler
I know it's a garbage bin but I couldn't find a bucket! 😄

3/4 nearly there just 1 moreto go PMSLOL you 4 sure holda grudge lol what is it going on 7 months now

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply