Contumacious recourse is all I have left. Ebay have forced these hands.

Hi I have had ongoing issues with an ebay member. Has has consistently sent me unsolicited harassing emails of abuse, which I am unable to actually block him from sending. He is consistently changing his account name: an account he used formerly to buy my goods on ebay (as a seller on ebay who is essentially my competitor, selling gaming related products) with the intention of being just sadistic. He purchased two games, gave me negative feedback for both before they arrived based on a false grievance: That I sent him 'invalid' tracking numbers. They were valid, but placed in a post box and travelled over 3000km by regular mail from the East coast to the west coast of the country, by road (?) regular mail, which consequently took 2 weeks. I was polite from the outset, and he was immediately on the front foot, saying that "people on the east coast think they are hot **bleep**", that people on the east coast consider him to be a "sandgroper," deliberately antagonistic, with intent in and only in causing trouble for someone, almost like it is one of his passtimes.

Ebay did nothing on the grounds that buyers have the right to leave whatever feedback they like.

This troublesome ebay member that time and time again is insidious, that time and time again uses false accounts to bid up the prices on his own auctions, used those fake accounts to bid on 10 of my auctions, of course, he did not pay, and nor has this false account yet been closed despite my numerous attempts to contact ebay and succinctly point out the lack of ebay safeguards, and the inexcusable lack of action from ebay to suspend the primary user, let alone the string of accounts he uses to bid up the prices on his own auctions, let alone other peoples auctions, consequently only hindering the "safe" and "protected" place ebay advertises itself to be.

The user has recently opened a new account, and again has purchased an auction, and this time they actually paid

But they paid through paypal using account: in a clear attempt in vain hope that I would only notice the name and address of the buyer through ebay.

Ebay safeguards have held up somewhat as I received an email through ebay messages indicating that the auction they purchased is null and void, as the member is no longer registered on ebay. Nice to see you can deliver on your promises to protect a legitimate and honest user on ebay (such as myself) 10% on your promises. But the reality this month of paying a **bleep** load in ebay user fees has left a VERY SOUR TASTE IN MY MOUTH.

This ebay member in question has now changed his user name to my former user name.

Had deliberately antagonistic is this **bleep** going to get before ebay actually actions something on my behalf to make me feel comfortable, safe and protected on this site?

When my numerous attempts to warn other seller through the feedback forum were removed under your :false positive feedback guidelines (In which you have given me no recourse to illustrating what sort of a erson people are dealing with potentially when either buying from them (shil-bidding) or selling to them (I sold to them, and they deliberately sabotaged my feedback, and my relentless request to have that feedback removed was denied: time and time again).

This is akin to stealing my identity: This was my user name on ebay for over 13 years!

I am both appalled and rightfully looking at legal action against ebay, and I think many people would be interested in the guise ebay has become, as it stands as a corporation in 2014.

I find ebay inc unethical, inadequate, legally liable for neglect: failing to address criminal behaviour, failing to provide a safe and protected environment for sellers who are honest, and have integrity, and for failing to reprimand when it is due.

The false account is still active. I issued and closed no less than 10 non paid item strike against this user in 5 minutes, after they intentionally bid on and won all the games I was selling at auction, with no interest in them, nor with any intention to pay. I closed the non paying bidder disputes 4 days. They were opened collectively, and closed collectively. I was shocked to realise that safety and security is just a guise on ebay; the realisation dawning as each day went by and thus false account is still registered. This ebay member who is completely insidious is still operating (I am sure: using 'another name', 'another account' bidding up his own auctions on Nintendo 64 consoles and games and other related video gaming products, with the occasional bluray set), posting out of Albany, WA.

And now let me tell you why this member is still here, operating today. The failure to reprimand on ebays part? You do not see anything wrong with this accumulatively criminal sadistic and hurtful behaviour? No? Why? Because this is the 'edifice' you have built your corporation on.

The building blocks, and platform we sellers now stand on is shakey at best in 2014. We are there upon it, hands and ankles tied, our mouths gagged, and it is all so ebay (the place of materialistic wonder that it is) can seem more tenable, alluring, and attractive to new customers who have never been here before.

Sellers are not permitted to give feedback of negative orientation- Full stop! There is no available way to give a buyer a negative rating, and clearly item strikes are not even applied to accounts any more. If they were would no longer be a registered user.

I have tried to communicate false positive feedbacks numerous times, and I have been suspended from selling for a period of 3 days numerous times for doing so.

I listed a expose on this seller/buyer and their insidious ways. Ebay assured me to follow up if I removed the lsitings, and I refused to do so until they actioned my grievances accordingly. I was suspended for selling for a wek for trying to inform ebay and users of the hack job I was expected to stomach.

Ebays failure to reprimand original user has snowballed into such an inconceivable ridiculous and disconcerting reality for me in in the present. I am thinking of taking my case to a lawyer, and I certainly plan on ensuring what happened to me gets exposure through the media. I know I am not the only one who has been failed time and time again here. When sellers are gagged for trying to make ebay more TRANSPARENT AND ACCOUNTABLE, when we AS SELLERS are the very reason ebay inc has become the company of global worth, and a world wide recognised brand that it is today. WE DID THIS! All ebay managed to do was ostracise sellers, and we should be leaving in droves, retreating from the mistreatment, the lack of basic understanding from ebay representatives when we have grievances, and get in line to have the buck passed, and passed and passed, to inevitably just watch your issue flower like a seed encompassed in departmental bull**bleep**, layer upon layer. I don't touch the flowers. They stink, they are ugly, and most likely poisonous. This is the capitalist way. The bottom line is all that matters?

Well not to me: Integrity comes first: And this is why I resent every cent I pay you. And if I action myself to my utmost, I know I can present concrete and indubitably sound evidence in a legal case which brings into question the safe protected place you advertise to be. So ebay are not only guilty of blatant and irrefutable negligence, but fraud as well, by deceiving the public, and consumers into believing they are safe, when I personally know we ARE NOT SAFE, WE ARE NOT PROTECTED AND WE ARE FAR FROM RESPECTED.

When people get treated like this by companies there is usually a choice for an alternative. But in this case your competition is 'ioffer': a place for cheap counterfeits, and not much else from what I superficially can gage: and 'gumtree'. That is quite the terrible monopoly you have established here!!!!!

I am submitting all the information I have personally collated over the last year and am editing it into a readable and chronological form for distribution to media outlets, publication houses, journalists, and of course lawyers and solicitors, to see just how much noise I can make to help others elucidate what I know. That ebay is a farce, a lie, a broken promise, and legally liable for payouts in damages to those you have failed, time and time again.

Ebay is bereft of any idea or notion of equality, or fairness. Even among selling members there seems to be bias for some, as some people like members get away with bloody murder, time and time again, and ebay does little, despite the repetition of my contact, the consistency of it, and your lack of sufficient action leaving me on the brink of screaming my head off at the clouds above, and beating my forehead against the nearest brick wall I am able to locate.

I want this ebay member REMOVED FROM THE EBAY COMMUNITY. THIS IS WHAT I EXPECT. AND THIS IS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable, vulnerable and helpless to an idea that I should be protected as an upstanding, legit, integrity based seller on ebay. I HAVE A RIGHT TO DEMAND THAT I AM SAFE AND PROTECTED and ebay shld be doing all it can for me. But you don't and you won't.

Not only am I considering legal action against your company, I am sure this will get traction in the Australian media, and hopefully sometime soon ebay will become a thing of the past, surpassed by some corporate entity that actually respects the patrons who brought the company into financial fruition, with undue prevalence. I want this ebay member suspended: If you fail to adhere to my last request to protect me here, I have no recourse than to take what noise that is futile now, and render it through my own convictions into a spotlight where I will be delivered on the justice I am due.

I want this message directed straight to the investigations team for follow up, and by god, if your response is at all automated impersonal and dissonant, you will regret the days I have spent trying to elucidate ebay inc to the following.

**Good self respecting and honest members of our community**

I want to estbalish a co-op, whereby we can fashion ourselves as sellers a new platform, where sellers are accountable, where consumers have reviews of feedback more than a simplified star rating, with extensive room for comment, to articulate, to make more transaprent, to make things more honest, fair, encouraging of positive and ethical practises, and an abolishment of the clear BUYER BIAS philosophy that ebay hold in high regard, only becuase it makes their site look more safe that it is in reality.

We may these corporate clwn thousands, millions, billions over the course of the years. And the bigger they become the smaller our voices, and the less we are offered as consumers.

I am sick and tired of feeling like I have no choice. My vet bills over the last 18 months- Basically very penny I have spare/ earned here has gone into my two dogs (No judgements pls, and yes I am aware of pet insurance, but that only cover non existent or concurrent conditions). Deaf cat swipped my dogs eye-3k in cornea graph surgery. 2 tumors removed from his paws on two separate occasions 1k each time.  Blind dog fell off the bed, and needed spinal decimpression surgery. 7k. (No **bleep**! I have a house of impaired animals! ( Want to come to my impaired domestic zoo? $5 entry. Free tea and coffee 🙂 ) They are family, so you do what you can.

I had my buiness imapired deliberately. I consider myself a good upstanding empathetic charcater, with high values, high standards, and the standards here are just not tenable anymore. They are not conducive to safety, nor any notion of protection that makes me feel reassured, and/or comofrtable.

If anyone has any ideas, for as long as this post will last before it is removed, and I am prevented from adding again to the discussion board (this is not a democracy at ebay, you don't get to speak the truth. It is like Communist North Korea here, and it is an American company! LOL!!!!!) Toe the line or face the firing squad.

I have had enough. Time for us to step up and ship out.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I hate to have to tell you this but you are not allowed to name and shame on the boards.

If the Moderators find your thread all the IDs will be removed.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Take legal action. Liable... there are laws re fraudelant comments on a public forum

You can get a restraining order which should include internet protection.

Don't give up that's exactly what they want you to do.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I understand your pain here.

You are right, ebay should try to delve a little more into the account of this person and try to ban him. I suppose the only problem could be if he has several paypal accounts. Could be hard to track him then.

But you would think they would all be connected to the person's real name and bank account. There should be some way to ban him even if he comes on under an alias.

The only things I would suggest are that this forum is just members, it isn't where you need to go if you want to complain directly to ebay officials.

And I would suggest that if you do want to go to the media, or ebay, give it a few days, sit down again with the written account above, and re read it. It is very long and you might be better off finding ways to cull it, get it down so the message is still clear but shorter.

I am not meaning to say that in any nasty way, just trying to be helpful. I am a bit like you. I was totally fed up a while back with a bridal shop and wrote a review on productreview. It ended up huge. My feelings about it have not changed one iota but if i had to write it today i would shorten it to a third as it would pack more punch and more people would read it.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I know. But thanks. I no longer care abotu what is and what isn't 'allowed' through this forum.

Ebay do not care about my safety or protection. Why should I care about hwat happens next?

They have no reagrd for me. The gloves on principle are off.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you all for taking the time to read and your helpful comments.

I feel so invisible when I try to contact ebay so this helps me feel human again.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Melbourne

Good luck, sounds like a real a hole.

Legal action sounds possibly the best course of action.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

melbournegameframe  for Prime Minister ,

You got my vote Man Happy

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
I've absolutely no idea whether this will have any effect, but not only would I suggest articulating official complaints to the ACCC, the Dept of Fair Trading, and even the Financial Ombudsmans Service, I would also be contacting the media with a view to having eBay's disgustingly unconscionable actions publicly outed.

I would also be contacting Ina Steiner, the editor of e-commercebytes which is a very widely and freely distributed and read independent newsletter for online retailers, as that will guarantee your story a great deal of exposure. Her email address is ina@auctionbytes.com and I'm sure she'd be very interested to hear from you.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I suggest others look at the feedback record, particularly that left for others.

You reap what you sow.

Negative left for seller I will continue to do this until you admit your mistake and post what you owe me

Interesting that postage time as seller DSR is 4.7 yet has no patience with other sellers for slow postage.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply