Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

A short while back we opened an FOS case against PayPal for 21-day withholding of our funds.

They instantly released the funds after that.

We have two auction IDs selling the same kind of items. We make use of the 40x free listings each month for this.

Since we raised this FOS case the selling ID which was the subject of the hold has not had a single sale and very few watchers.

The other aucton ID is still making the occasional sale as per usual. No changes.

It kinda looks like the account has been restricted deliberately in retaliation for raising the FOS case.

The items never come up the serach results list as they near the end of the auction as they once did.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar on their selling account after opening a case?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

I haven't opened a case but I highly doubt what you are experiencing is in retaliation to lodging a complaint.
Message 2 of 35
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

A short while back we opened an FOS case against PayPal for 21-day withholding of our funds.

They instantly released the funds after that.

We have two auction IDs selling the same kind of items. We make use of the 40x free listings each month for this.

Since we raised this FOS case the selling ID which was the subject of the hold has not had a single sale and very few watchers.

The other aucton ID is still making the occasional sale as per usual. No changes.

It kinda looks like the account has been restricted deliberately in retaliation for raising the FOS case.

The items never come up the serach results list as they near the end of the auction as they once did.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar on their selling account after opening a case?

clarry, who knows what ebay is capable of doing ? IMO they are as bad, if not worse, than their Scammer mates on here. They let them slide along merrily without even givin em a look.  Yes, I do think they are capable of anything !!!!

Message 3 of 35
Latest reply

Just throwing it out there but does the ID that isn't selling much have less feedback score?

If it does then it's the situation that I'm in meaning the accounts that have the lowest feedback are the ones that are either not selling as much as my higher accounts or they are selling for way less than the others,and I sell the same items.

So to me it just shows a pattern of that good old saying the rich get richer,IMO I have always said that the more sales you have had then the more you will keep selling even though a buyer can get it cheaper elsewhere.

But to answer your question,I don't think there would be any retaliation,they're all in it to make money.

Message 4 of 35
Latest reply

I certainly think that what you are suggesting OP is possible. If you note here in the forums also, posters like harley_babes_hoard are probably ebay plants who are there to mostly guide people in ebay issues and mellow down any ebay criticism that comes along. While harley clearly refuted ebay criticism this time, mostly these ebay planted posters will do so in a very subtle manner. Like saying something in a helpful sort of manner. kind of like a suggestion.

Message 5 of 35
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

I certainly think that what you are suggesting OP is possible. If you note here in the forums also, posters like @harley_babes_hoard are probably ebay plants who are there to mostly guide people in ebay issues and mellow down any ebay criticism that comes along. While harley clearly refuted ebay criticism this time, mostly these ebay planted posters will do so in a very subtle manner. Like saying something in a helpful sort of manner. kind of like a suggestion.

Dumbest thing I've read on these forums. And I've read some pretty stupid responses....

Message 6 of 35
Latest reply

Yeswhatyousayispossible.Readsomeofthedocumentedstories on https://ebayhorrorstories.wordpress.com/2015/01/26/how-ebay-uses-mirroring/

Message 7 of 35
Latest reply

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read on these forums. And I've read some pretty stupid responses....

Another ebay employee revealed. Surprising how dumb (and stupid) these people are when pushed.

Message 8 of 35
Latest reply

asporty wrote:

thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Another ebay employee revealed. Surprising how dumb (and stupid) these people are when pushed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh...conspiracy theories.

Put your tinfoil hat back on and stop defaming members with absolutely no evidence to back up your claims.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 9 of 35
Latest reply

Zelly... I guess FB scores are a possibility. But they are both pretty low as follows.

The account that is still selling reasonably OK was started in July 2014 and has a FB score of 89 (100%).

The other one that has dried up was started in Sept 2014 and has a score of 28 (100%)

This is the one PayPal put the funds hold on. The other one has never had anything put on hold.

It was doing OK up until I put in the FOS claim.

Message 10 of 35
Latest reply