Could it be Retaliation for FOS Case Raised

A short while back we opened an FOS case against PayPal for 21-day withholding of our funds.

They instantly released the funds after that.

We have two auction IDs selling the same kind of items. We make use of the 40x free listings each month for this.

Since we raised this FOS case the selling ID which was the subject of the hold has not had a single sale and very few watchers.

The other aucton ID is still making the occasional sale as per usual. No changes.

It kinda looks like the account has been restricted deliberately in retaliation for raising the FOS case.

The items never come up the serach results list as they near the end of the auction as they once did.

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar on their selling account after opening a case?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

@asporty wrote:

@thebowlerhat2012 wrote:

Dumbest thing I've read on these forums. And I've read some pretty stupid responses....

Another ebay employee revealed. Surprising how dumb (and stupid) these people are when pushed.

Why is it that whenever anyone thinks with their brain rather than their emotions, they're labelled as an ebay employee? 

If ebay employees were this rational I doubt people would have so many problems when they contact customer service!

Clarry, if you have two different IDs selling the same kind of item you could be closed down for violating policy.  If you read the rules on fee avoidance you aren't allowed to start a new ID just to get extra freebies and avoid listing fees.  If you sell completely different products it's allowed, but not if you're selling the same type of product.  Why people boast about doing this when it's against the rules is beyond me.  It's just a matter of time before you're picked up on it, and we could all end up losing our freebies if they decide too many people are abusing the system.

Yeah, call me another ebay employee just because I speak rationally.  Smiley LOL

Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

Where in the policies does it say you cannot sell the same type of item on multiple ids? You cannot list the same item in the same format but I have never seen anything about different items.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

Show me the policy that states what you are saying.

I have 8 accounts and have had them for a long time and if I was breaching any of ebays policies then they would have done something about them by now.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

You're definately not an ebay employee because you don't know their policies

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

I certainly think that what you are suggesting OP is possible. If you note here in the forums also, posters like @harley_babes_hoard are probably ebay plants who are there to mostly guide people in ebay issues and mellow down any ebay criticism that comes along. While harley clearly refuted ebay criticism this time, mostly these ebay planted posters will do so in a very subtle manner. Like saying something in a helpful sort of manner. kind of like a suggestion.

some people are just born that way,  I know you can't help it asporty  turkey

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

Clarry, if you have two different IDs selling the same kind of item you could be closed down for violating policy.  If you read the rules on fee avoidance you aren't allowed to start a new ID just to get extra freebies and avoid listing fees.  If you sell completely different products it's allowed, but not if you're selling the same type of product.  Why people boast about doing this when it's against the rules is beyond me.  I

Can you point me to the 'rule' that says you cannot sell the same type of item on different IDs?

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

@zelly888 wrote:

You're definately not an ebay employee because you don't know their policies

All the more reason why she COULD be an eBay employee, because she DOESN'T know the policies! Most employees wouldn't have a clue about most of the policies, that's why we have so many issues. That's why we have so many members calling in here because when they've contacted eBay, they had no idea what they were on about.

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

I must admit when I started another ID recently " a just incase" It did say something about not listing same item across both ID's which is why I never bothered with it.
Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

@asporty wrote:

I certainly think that what you are suggesting OP is possible. If you note here in the forums also, posters like @harley_babes_hoard are probably ebay plants who are there to mostly guide people in ebay issues and mellow down any ebay criticism that comes along. While harley clearly refuted ebay criticism this time, mostly these ebay planted posters will do so in a very subtle manner. Like saying something in a helpful sort of manner. kind of like a suggestion.

It never ceases to amaze me how when someone isn't bad mouthing eBay, they are suddenly an employee. I have to ask, why would an employee have listings, not to mention post with their selling ID? Wouldn't that make them a target for unhappy members buying their stuff with the sole intention of trashing their feedback and DSR's? Why would an employee stalk these forums when they couldn't give a stuff about members? 

I love the conspiricy theorists. They're always great for a good belly laugh.

I LOVE EBAY, I LOVE EBAY, EBAY FOREVER, RAH RAH RAH!!! Give me an E, give me a B, give me an A, give me a Y, what does that spell? EBAY!!! YEEEAAAHHHH!! GOOOOOO EBAY!!!!!

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
I must admit when I started another ID recently " a just incase" It did say something about not listing same item across both ID's which is why I never bothered with it.

harley - same item is a lot different to same type of item. It is fairly obvious you couldn't list the same item on two different IDs unless you have more than one of them, but I bet it didn't say you couldn't list the same type of item. If it did, where do you draw the line? Same category is not allowed? For example, if I use one ID to sell shirts, and another to sell skirts, is this a violation of the 'rule' ?

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply