Credit Card with Merchant Account

Hi all

I am contemplating setting up a Merchant Account to process Credit Cards through. Does anyone know whether this could be used for multiple accounts?

Thank you for your help : )

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

you might want to really go into the fees associated with a merchant account. You not only pay a monthly fee you also pay a percentage per transaction in most cases.

Edit: are you talking about a merchant facilty through your bank?

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Yes a merchant facility through the bank. Ebay have said that will no longer support Propay, Skrill and Paymate. Am wondering whether this is against ACCC. I am not a fan of Paypal. 

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I have just rec'd an email saying that Paymate is off the table from 27th. September. Have called eBay and told them that I dont use Paypal anymore. so really I am finished selling on eBay. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

I have sent an email to Paymate about this (clientservices@paymate.com). They are in discussions with ebay atm and say that it is against the ACCC ruling. Perhaps if you send Paymate an email also, they will keep you in the loop. 

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Hi,

Yes I called them. They think this may only apply O/S, not in Australia. They were not told about it by eBay, so it's a surprise to everyone.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

That sounds promising. Thanks for following up. Fingers crossed : )

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

A lot of buyers will not give you there credit card details that is the beauty of paypal. You could be seriously limiting your buyers. And as I said it's not cheap
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

This does apply to Australia as well.
May Australian sellers have received the same message.
I would suggest everyone who wants a choice of NOT having to use Paypal, send a message of complaint to the ACCC.
They forced ebay to offer other forms of payment last time, this time they can do it again.

Payment by credit card through the bank into your account, can be a very expensive way to collect money, especially for the smaller seller.

Pets are just little furry people.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Please see the provided link which says it is only applicable to Paymate USA as suspected http://www.ecommercereport.com.au/paymate-usa-to-stop-processing-ebay-payments-from-july-31st/
Message 10 of 26
Latest reply