DSR's - Item not as described - which item?

This would be a good one for eBay to expand on..

If you get a 3 or less (maybe 4 or less?) star rating for Item not as described... be great if eBay could let us know which item it is. So if it really was not as described correctly or it could be improved.. be handy.

I guess though with the new changes coming in and we can see who leaves us the DSR's this will solve the above.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

When  the new ratings come in, next month I believe, you will be able to isolate the DSRs left. So hang in there. Or read the seller announcements.

Sorry, I thought you were asking a question you didn't know the answer to.

Forget I posted.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I spoke to eBay personally today about this very topic and the lady actually started babbling that the idea of identifying DSR "leavers" was by no means set in stone, and was still "under active discussion in respect to how it would affect the buying/selling experience".

Over to you eBay,

Marina.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Typical of ebay not to let buyers and sellers know that this is not definite yet.

In the announcements, they are still notifying buyers that DSRs will no longer be anonymous and that this change will be very helpful to sellers in identifying areas of concern in their selling practices.

They have also stealthily (ebay are good at 'stealth') removed 'Communication' as one of the DSRs without actually feeling the need to explain why. When I actually asked about this, the answer was that textual communication can easily be misunderstood . . . . .and so they are throwing 'the baby out with the bathwater' !!!

Guess if all ebayers were as bad communicators as most ebay reps are, then I could understand ebay's concern !!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

In the meantime here is what you do

1: Run a report using TEN sales you know left good feedback. 

2: If after running that report you see all 5's you  can get started. If not, try again until you get the ten you need. The object is to get a report of 10 100% 5 DSR's

3: When you have the report that is 100% all 5 dsr's you now have a basis for running other reports

4: When you notice a new low DSR on the seller dashboard run the original report as a "run simelar" but add an 11th item to it

5: If that 11th item report still show 5's you know its not that item

6: Then run another report with another 11th item on it (again using the original "perfect" 10)

7: When you get a report that does not show 100% 5 stars, you then know the buyer who left the poor DSR's

(it will be the 11th item you added to your good ten)

Just dont contact them about it

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Having a squiz around the US boards regarding this issue, I discovered that to view the details of DSRs identification - the new dashboard will have the option to download a defect report. 

You can actually view this now on your IDs if you log into the US site, though the reports are not complete and don't yet provide the DSR info as it has not been rolled out yet.

The report is partially populated with data based on your performance and also shows that DSR report will include identifcation of the item numbers where any defects including lower DSR number was recorded.

On the US when you click the download reports it gives you the following option and 2 report format choices.

Transaction Defect Report

• Your eBay Seller Dashboard and transaction defect report are tools to help you review your performance and identify areas that require attention.
  • Your transaction defect report provides a list of your transactions with defects, including the defect type. The information in the report is updated weekly.
  • To see your projected status, see the preview of how you're doing toward the new performance standards available in your Seller Dashboard.
Your total transactions with defects as of April 25, 2014: 2
Expand to see your 20 most recent transaction with defects
Download full report
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply