DSRs contradicted by feedback

cq_tech
Community Member

I sold an item last July for which the buyer left me positive feedback which stated "fast delivery item pretty much as described" then promptly hit me with a 3 for item description, which of course is a defect. In my opinion, doing so directly contradicts the feedback he left. At the time, I blocked him and left a reply to his feedback which named him and warned other sellers to be wary but now I am wondering if it's worth contacting CS with a view to having that defect removed because of that contradiciton.

Message 1 of 42
Latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

I know it's a hassle, but unless we appeal every one that we can they pile up and destroy your status, and maybe if we are enough of a nuisance to ebay support they will re-think the whole stinking defect process.

Message 2 of 42
Latest reply

It's a low act in my opinion, if you aren't happy then don't leave glowing positive feedback with low stars. They used to do this a lot when they thought we couldn't find out and ebay told them dsr's were anonymous.
Perhaps your buyer still thinks this is the case
Unfortunately I don't think ebay will remove but worth a shot.
Message 3 of 42
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

I sold an item last July for which the buyer left me positive feedback which stated "fast delivery item pretty much as described" then promptly hit me with a 3 for item description, which of course is a defect. In my opinion, doing so directly contradicts the feedback he left. At the time, I blocked him and left a reply to his feedback which named him and warned other sellers to be wary but now I am wondering if it's worth contacting CS with a view to having that defect removed because of that contradiciton.

Don't blame the buyer, the problem is eBay's definition of a 3 DSR for Item Description.

Neither Inaccurate nor Accurate

It has to be one or the other. If something is not Inaccurate then it is Accurate.

If a buyer doesn't think the item exactly matches the description then they're not going to give it a 5 and I suppose most buyers would see a 3 as 'average'.

Message 4 of 42
Latest reply

Harley, I wouldn't call it a low act.

Leaving "pretty much as described" isn't glowing positive feedback.

Message 5 of 42
Latest reply

Agree BBS...

IMHO a 3 says average (or what is to be expected) and should not be grounds for defective as ebay judge it.

4 is above average and 5 is exceptional.

1 or 2 should be defective (if anything) as that is below average.

Message 6 of 42
Latest reply

You are entitled to your opinion BBS
Message 7 of 42
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

Why not CQ.

Keep em busy I say.

More calls the better & certainly worth a try - get them to call you.

If there is no option for this circumstance to get them to call you - choose another & talk about this anyway.

I always find a reason I can get them to call then speak of my problem.

Inconsistant is inconsistant.

Seems necessary to point out they cannot have it both ways.

Scale_4.gif

Message 8 of 42
Latest reply

To be honest cq. I really don't think buyers get it.  Some may, but generally I think they just push the buttons, unaware that by doing so they are slapping us on the head. IMO the whole thing is just nonsense & as you said, full of contradictions !

Message 9 of 42
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

To be honest cq. I really don't think buyers get it.  Some may, but generally I think they just push the buttons, unaware that by doing so they are slapping us on the head. IMO the whole thing is just nonsense & as you said, full of contradictions !

And most people will just 'take the middle road' - do they sit down after every purchase & weight it - doubt it.

I am still trying to get my head around the necessity for this rubbish.

Feedback is feedback - not - let's pull the whole experience totally apart & then try to put it in perspective.

Absolute Rubbish.

Robot Frustrated

Message 10 of 42
Latest reply