Daylight saving

I am not able to change the time for items that are relisted to allow for the Daylight Saving time change. Some items are for relist 30 days, others "till sold",I assume they will come up with the new time whenever they are relisted.  Is it possible to change  the time and if so how do I do that.Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank you for your interest and help. Patricia..

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Daylight saving

If they are normally set to end/auto relist at 7.30pm before DST, after DST starts, they will end/auto relist at 8.30pm. I don't think there is any way to change them without ending and relisting. I don't think it's such a big issue with buy it now items because buyers aren't counting down until the end, they just buy it when they want it.

It will be more of an issue with auctions. I listed a few auctions last night at 10.30pm, so if they don't sell this week, they will have an 11.30pm finish. Once they have gone through the relists, I'll relist them at a more appropriate time.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Daylight saving

If they are normally set to end/auto relist at 7.30pm before DST, after DST starts, they will end/auto relist at 8.30pm. I don't think there is any way to change them without ending and relisting. I don't think it's such a big issue with buy it now items because buyers aren't counting down until the end, they just buy it when they want it.

It will be more of an issue with auctions. I listed a few auctions last night at 10.30pm, so if they don't sell this week, they will have an 11.30pm finish. Once they have gone through the relists, I'll relist them at a more appropriate time.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

imastawka
Honored Contributor

pssst Pat....your 'instant collection'  of knitted dolls is a no-no on ebay

Just sayin'  

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

Hi Tippy,Thank you for your input.I will do as you are doing as I think that is the best way to go about it. Regards, Patricia.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

Hi Stawks, thank you for the warning.eBay have already removed my listing. I checked similar listings and it seems you can say Gollies but not the full word.There are also some Enid Blyton books listed with the word on the covers and that is ok.Some years ago Enid Blyton books were removed from libraries because they showed Noddy and Big Ears in the same bed. PC in some areas is just ridiculous. Just in my opinion!

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

Apparently you're allowed to use the word if it's in the title of a book or art

or stuff like that.

But the word itself is not allowed for toys nor is the shortened word golly

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Community-Spirit/Racist-and-Hateful-or-Much-Loved-Toy/m-p/1837782/hi...

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

maybe we could just call em wallygogs?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

@davidc4430 wrote:

maybe we could just call em wallygogs?

Careful or we will shut the drawer on you.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

as long as you dont put me in........THE COMFY CHAIR!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Daylight saving

@davidc4430 wrote:

as long as you dont put me in........THE COMFY CHAIR!

Don't worry david, it'll be in the "norti room" hahahahahathump (rolmfao)

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply