Defect's system and permanent selling restrictions

I just analysed what defects i did why the big eBay told me that my account is permanently suspended from selling.
Row 1 - Buyer didn't pay for nintendo regarding advice of ebay CS Jessica i gave him the chance to pay the item and open the unpaid case for my surprise when the case get closed as unpaid case nothing happened the buyer what never paid the item left me negative feedback + Rating 1-3 Description, Rating of 1 for shipping.
Row 2- Buyer bought sony vaio battery what was under warranty clains it doesn't work i offered him full refund he returned the battery and surprise the shop where i bought it told me there is nothing wrong with the battery, ebay did nothing of course.... He left weeks after for 3th party battery from another seller negative that seller send me the message that he just try to scam him because his battery holding just 4 hours and not 7 hours...
Row 3-5 - Buyer send me message and call me that he can afford the item i closed the case and do not open unpaid case because less complication
Row 6 low rating for vintage camera $10 - no idea
Row 7 - Buyer scam me that he bought item for $1 and shipping via freight $29. I paid to courier $30 + $4 fees. from begining he wrote me that he is not happy with the freight price but he paid the item within minute afte he won the cold cathodes what cost me $140 5 months ago. When he received the item he sent me a messages that item is used never provided any evidence like the photos, he extort me that if i dont want negative feedback i know what to do. Regarding ebay this is not extortion...  Open the case on Paypal i asked the paypal if he claim external damage intenal not as described to send me the pictures, nothing happened he closed the case....
Row 8 - neutral feedback for $1 item buyer said the packaging was not enough when i asked him what wrong he said nothing he love the item but he think there should be aditional protection, Hard lether case and glass protection made the service item arived without damages, but some buyers need extra protection but do not ask before ...
Row 9 - Nice night vision infrared camera i sold it in auction for $15.45 -  7 weeks nothing, after 7 weeks i received negative feedback that VHS-C is not new format and why im selling that. Hard to believe that somebody bidding on VHS-C camera if he don't know what it is no communication.
Row 10 - Maintenance of ebay 3 hours i saw same message "System is under the Maintenance please try it later" unable to delist item i sold localy. Ansver of ebay we can't do anything....

As i count it my defects is 3 canceled transaction asked by buyer, 1 unpaid case negative, $1 sold item  with 2 negatives, 1 neutral feedback for $1 item, 1 Negative feedback for refund - nice scam - paid $18 postage with insurance, 1 negative for $15.45  that somebody don't know what VHS-C format,. overall deffects for transaction $18.45 profit, loss $27 fees postage. That means i have deffect's for the transaction i paid from my pocket $8.55.

Calls with ebay total time 12 hours 32 minute 18 second, explanation from eBay "We are really sorry but we really can't do anything in these cases buyer have right defect you, scam you, do not pay and anything he want, Thank you for using eBay.... 😄

Total sales amount: US $10,378.37
Total transactions: 101
Date of first sale: 30/09/2013
Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Linda,

Seriously, your feedback (even though now set to private) really speaks for itself.

It is no wonder eBay have pulled the plug, sorry, but there is such a thing as 'customer service' and the 97.5% rating and your stars really don't reflect much in the way of this.

As for the listed 'reasons' you offer - I would like to think you would have learnt sooner rather than later that it is the happy customers who leave the green dots.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Of course it does you are right...
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

If you choose not to follow through with unpaid item strikes when buyers don't pay then you deserve the negs and low ratings as you are leaving the rest of us who do the right thing exposed to non payers.

You do not get a feedback score or DSRs as as low as yours if you do the right thing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I would assume that these rogue buyers got an email of some description from the OP. You can imagine their reaction to that.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

@2106greencat wrote:

It is no wonder eBay have pulled the plug, sorry, but there is such a thing as 'customer service' and the 97.5% rating and your stars really don't reflect much in the way of this.

Not specifically picking on gcat here.  Using that broad term called customer service referred to here.

Having worked in private and government roles providing customer service to internal and external humans, I have the opinion that it's impossible to deliver 100% perfect customer service.  Why ?

There are, and always will be, idiots in this world who think others are there just to serve them and must give them more than they ask for. 

I fear that armyrats grasp on English has contributed to the outcomes.  Most humans fail to master their language of choice, but when it's limited, communication suffers badly and attitudes present in these idiots of the world turn into little self-righteous pouts of frustration at someone on the fringe of coherent sentence structure.

Poor Linda is a victim of not only her lack of language construct, but idiots with no tolerance and eBay with no idea.

Communication issues aside, there's still the issue of eBay and their ridiculous attempts to quantify human behaviour through statistical formulation.  eBay give the weapons to the buyer and then tell a seller they have to do better.

Central to all anguish in both the Sellers and Buyers boards is eBay.  They attempt to control the buyer experience and put pressure on the sellers through truly stupid models and all the while overlooking the obvious.

There are and always will be, idiot buyers and idiot sellers.  eBay can't control that, but they try, and in the process shut down revenue streams (sellers) because they think buyers care about eBay's reputation.  I wonder if they (upper management) ever ask themselves if they care about Coles or Woolworth's reputation when they're shopping. 

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Look, I've been doing this a while. I think I've had about 3 neutrals and I think one neg about 10 years ago, and the way the system works now that wouldn't have happened.

I've had some issues with sellers and buyers and it's all just a part of doing business online. About 5 years ago I'd say I'd have a problem (that could always be fixed) with 1 in 100 sales. Usually the problem is just Aust Post losing or breaking something. Now it seems like it's about 1 in 200.

For someone that has sold only 10 grand worth of stuff in 101 transactions and you've have had that many problems, you're simply just not suited for online sales.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Yes you right that's the problem from 101 transaction 5 negatives and 1 neutral. I just posted here cases and how is counted the defed. Curiosly i got 3 negative feedback after hack of ebay. Yes i learned Ebay means bargain for people what are not able to afford to buy things in the shop and looking for $1 bargain. Yes i got so many nice positives for devices over the $100 per piece. And i got all negatives for items for $1 up to $17.56.

And i noticed after that hack 4 buyers simple bought item and ask for cancel transaction, 1 unpaid case and 3 negatives. The quality of this page improved highly up lol from 23th of may. Last hack  2 days ago.

All my buyers received information about tracking number within few hours all packages were dispatched within 1 day max. Some local pickups.

Boss when i bought here something i hardly get the tracking number from some of sellers, some of them Top rated seller do not send info that package has been sent. Customer support... it's nice to see how happy you are with eBay services just im very surprise how so many people are here speaking about their problem etc..  Enjoy it mate

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

How does one get a detailed seller report such as the one attached to your 3armyrats post. I have searched my seller dashboard, but can only find % summaries. I would like to see which item numbers resulted in lower buyer ratings.
Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@goodchinagalore wrote:
How does one get a detailed seller report such as the one attached to your 3armyrats post. I have searched my seller dashboard, but can only find % summaries. I would like to see which item numbers resulted in lower buyer ratings.

Right at the bottom of where your defects are there is a link 'download a report'. It's only in really small print. Some of us (me included) are unable to download a report, for unknown reasons, if its the same for you, let me know and I'll give you the slow, long way to find out.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply