Didn't know you could revise Unpaid item cases

Afternoon everyone. I had a customer purchase an item on 2nd September, didn't pay, open upc and closed 4 days later.....all good.

recived a message about a week ago from them asking to cancel their order, I replied saying I don't have an order could they send me some information etc......

just received a message (cut and pasted from their message from ebay directly) asking them to contact me (seller) to see if I can revise the upc and if I agree to do so, I need to call ebay and tell them that (and I quote) i excuse my customer from this transaction and please remove the defect from their account.

has anyone heard of this before?

i won't be doing it, but I thought it's a bit ..........I don't even know the word to use.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I've never heard of it being done.

I also believe that if a buyer contacts ebay about a non-payment strike they have been awarded, that ebay will far more readily remove that strike than they will remove bad feedback for a seller.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think you will find that the buyer has appealed the strike but it does not fit the criteria for ebay removing it.

As usual, ebay passes the buck and tells the buyer to work it out with the seller.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

That is certainly a bit of a worry.  Are you sure that the email is genuine?  I know that I would never do that for a buyer who chose to stuff me around.  I can think of many words to use but alas I wouldnt be around here for long if I said them. LOL

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Yeah I believe it to be genuine as its like he forwarded the message straight to me. Had his name, the item number, date of purchase etc......

I replied asking him why he sent it to me. Just waiting for his answer, not sure what to say when he asks me to call ebay and revise the upc.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

No-one says you have to do anything.

Put them on your BBL and just ignore them.

They can't leave fb on an UPI

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

They're trying to get the strike removed. Usually eBay will only remove the first one you get. After that, you're on your own, so my guess is they're now hitting seller blocks and aren't happy about it. You'll know if they're successful because the message under the transaction will change and the icon that is used when feedback is blocked will open up (they still can't leave feedback though).

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

If they contact you again, just say ebay automatically opens cases if items aren't paid for, and that it isn't possible to reverse it.  I probably wouldn't even bother replying because the more you make excuses or 'explain', the more they'll think they've got a chance if they persist - best to cut all communication and put an end to it.

They could be just trying it on and not even have copied a reply from ebay but just pretended to.  Ebay tend not to get involved in such things so I can't imagine them removing someone's strike if you ring them up.  I once had a buyer ring ebay to try and get their purchases cancelled.  They never contacted me to ask about it and I only knew about it because ebay emailed me about it, and told me they'd told the buyer to contact me - but they never tried to influence me as to which path I chose.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Rose, ebay has been known to remove a strike if asked by the seller because they have worked it out with the buyer.

I would not say it is common....or at least it has not been mentioned on the boards too often....but it does happen.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, he did contact me last night and asked if I could please ring ebay and ask them to excuse him from the transaction so his strike can be removed. His last line of the message was "Could you please, please do this". So yes tippy, I believe he has been blocked from other sellers and wants me to fix it.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply