Difficult buyer

A buyer purchased a pair of jeans from me.  I listed the item size and brand.  When she recieved the item it was too big and she claims that I did not give her enough information and I misled her by now telling her the shape of the jeans (in the listing the jeans were sold as 'boyfriend' style jeans).  She then went on a rant about how financially strapped she was and that was upset that I did not give enough information when selling the jeans.  She has now re-listed the jeans for sale.  She has not left feedback yet.  I have a 100% rating (over 1400 transactions).  I am concerned that if the jeans do not sell, she will claim that I misled her and leave me negative feedback, ruining my 100% feedback score.  Is there I can do to safeguard myself?  I see from the feedback she has left for others, that I am not the first person she has done this too.  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Difficult buyer

One red dot, probably with an ill considered comment, is not ging to have any major impact on your ability to sell as long as you do not leave an ill considered response.

Look how some sellers are able to sell with dozens of negs and a percentage well below the leval many of us would hit the back button.

As a seller you cannot run your business by doing anything you can to avoid a neg, presumably this buyer knew she had no chance of winning a not as described dispute so is re selling which is the sensible thing to do. I don't think how much they manage to sell them for will have anything to do with any feedback they may, or may not, leave.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Difficult buyer

j*oono
Community Member

You really do have good feedback.  5 stars all the way, which must be difficult to achieve as a clothing seller.

Your buyer is also a seasoned clothes seller so I am a little surprised that she has treated you this way and she's after an extra $15 profit on what she paid as well 😄

I don't blame you for worrying as she is a bit slap happy with her neg and neutral feedback.  Best of luck.

Joono
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Difficult buyer

@taz_ness wrote:

A buyer purchased a pair of jeans from me.  I listed the item size and brand.  When she recieved the item it was too big and she claims that I did not give her enough information and I misled her by now telling her the shape of the jeans (in the listing the jeans were sold as 'boyfriend' style jeans).  She then went on a rant about how financially strapped she was and that was upset that I did not give enough information when selling the jeans.  She has now re-listed the jeans for sale.  She has not left feedback yet.  I have a 100% rating (over 1400 transactions).  I am concerned that if the jeans do not sell, she will claim that I misled her and leave me negative feedback, ruining my 100% feedback score.  Is there I can do to safeguard myself?  I see from the feedback she has left for others, that I am not the first person she has done this too.  

As she has listed the jeans herself, it sounds like (despite the rant) she has decided not to hold you responsible for the sizing issue (which, IMO, she shouldn't. I'd always recommend full and accurate measurements be provided in any clothing listing, but if they are not there, and all other details are correct, the buyer really should ask for measurements to be provided as there is always the risk that a size 12 in one brand isn't going to fit the same as a differen't brand's 12, and with so many cuts and fits to jeans these days, even the same brand's 12 can vary quite a bit). 

If she does leave a neg, depending on what it says you may be able to ask eBay for removal. The first one can feel a bit harsh (been there, took it worse than I always thought I would Smiley Surprised ), but if it can't be removed, take it as an opportunity to show potential customers a slightly different facet of your customer service skills 😉 and leave a calm, polite and factual reply to the comment that shows your side of the story (in as much as 80 characters allows). As mentioned above, even though those red dots can glare out at the seller, buyers will look at the bigger picture, if they even look at all. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply