Dishonest ebayer gets away with defamatory feedback

I sold a dress from Bariano, new with tags, $365 for $40. 

Buyer leaves negative feedback, "poor condition". They file paypal dispute describing dress in appalling condition in about six ways. They wouldn't return dress Now re-selling dress in "very good condition". This is Impossible comparing the two sets of comments. They are dishonest. Using my pictures to re-sell too. Ebay won't remove defamatory feedback or report the listing. 

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi DG,

Waited for a response citing this policy from ebay and decided to follow up having received no reply.

Talking to ebay CSO who is emphatic that there is no such policy that if a seller wins a paypal dispute the defect should be removed. 

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

aps1080
Community Member

Item number ?

It's not nice but these type of people are out there.
Message 2 of 43
Latest reply

@baudrillard2013 wrote:

Buyer leaves negative feedback, "poor condition". They file paypal dispute describing dress in appalling condition in about six ways. They wouldn't return dress Now re-selling dress in "very good condition". This is Impossible comparing the two sets of comments. They are dishonest. Using my pictures to re-sell too. Ebay won't remove defamatory feedback or report the listing. 

$40 or $59? RRP 359.95?

Buyer mentions this in the listing ( which I think is unwise, buyers don't need to know all that and probably put them off anyway)

Start price $45

In very good condition, there are a couple of pulls in the fabric and the hem has been repaired (bought off eBay in this condition, however the previous seller didn't mention it in the item description when I bought it, stating the item was in 'stunning' condition! So I'm selling it for a fair bit less than I paid)

did they buyer provide photos at the time of dispute of the claimed damaged areas?

Is it over 6 months since the original sale went through?  

Re the photos they are on a website online for anyone to copy.  They are not photos you took are they?

Message 3 of 43
Latest reply

Hi,

No. Let me make it very clear. Buyer didn't provide any pictures of claimed damage. 

On the other hand I have many many photos, upwards of 30. 

There were no such flaws. 

Buyer didn't mention flaws to paypal they mention in the listing and did make many statements about the item to paypal which are impossible to reconcile with their current listing. 

They were just made up statements. 

They lost the paypal dispute.

They refused to return the dress. 

Message 4 of 43
Latest reply

So buy it back and trash her feedback !

Message 5 of 43
Latest reply

Sorry yes the photos that were taken against the white partition, all except the other ones were taken by me. 

There was no problem with the hemline, no pulls, nothing whatsoever wrong with the item. 

It was PERFECT.

They mentioned things that would make the dress unsellable and aren't in their listing to the Paypal which they made up. 

I said to ebay "they are lying". I said "Paypal said they are dishonest".

Ebay : "it's their perception that the item was in poor condition".

I said "but two months later it is in very good condition and Paypal have a list of defects they claimed to Paypal. They think it is in poor condition two months ago but in very good condition now???"

By their report to Paypal it should be going in the dustbin. 

Ebay: "We don't know which description is inaccurate, the one in their listing or the feedback"

Message 6 of 43
Latest reply

There are nice buyers and sellers around but in general ebay would work if there were no thieves and if ebay and paypal rules

were designed by honest people.The rules work only for them and as far as I can see they even are above Australian Law.

@baudrillard2013 wrote:

Message 7 of 43
Latest reply

Hi there, 

I didn't think buying something and then trashing someone's feedback was really in the ebay spirit or compliant with policy or good manners. 

I will just leave ebay after 11 years. 

It is like talking to a recording talking to ebay personnel.

The paypal guy understood straight away and said this person is clearly dishonest, telling me to get the feedback removed and even going further. 

But ebay did NOTHING

Message 8 of 43
Latest reply

Yes you are quite right. They are above Australian Law. 

Message 9 of 43
Latest reply

Have you checked the buyers feedback left for others? I am wondering if they have done similar before.

Sounds really fishy. As I said before I don't know why she added her drama piece about a  previous sale. Not something you see very often, those personal type comments in listings.

I have been told by eBay 'it is the buyers opinion/perception' when querying a neutral for a used garment that had nothing wrong with it ( no signs of wear) accurately described (tstyle type, many measurements), good photos. It obviously didn't look good on the buyer.

Opinions aren't facts though.

Something I have learnt from reading these boards is if a seller is doing follow up feedback to negs or neutrals, instead of putting buyer put their user id name instead. That way other sellers can tell who the buyer is that left the negs  and  can then check out the buyers other feedback they have left for other sellers and see if they have a habit of leaving negs and/or neutrals.

Message 10 of 43
Latest reply