Do I Stand a chance of decision being overturned.

I had a case opened against me asking where his items were. I had tracking available so I tracked it and it stated delivered. I sent him a message via Ebay Messages stating I would email the POD for him to see who signed for it. Which I did. He escalated the case and won and Ebay have reimbursed him the full amount and they state I didn't provide enough tracking information. I will contact Ebay this morning, but just wanted your advise as what I should/shouldn't say to them. Will me email proof be enough or not?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Did you send that information to ebay via the dispute?   The buyer should never have been refunded when you have a signature for the item.

Fight is as far as you can and go to the Postal Ombudsman if they will not budge.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal, I sent everything other than the POD via ebay messages. When I got the email from TNT, I just forwarded it to him, but I messaged him in Ebay saying thats what I would do. I just can't believe that Ebay stated "Seller hasn't responded". There are 5 messages total between us.....

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry - forgot to mention. When the dispute was first started, all they asked for was a tracking number, which was already there. Not once did they ask for proof.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

You should always put everything in the dispute to support your claim that the item was delivered.  It may well have avoided this situation.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Did you ring eBay? What did they say? Obviously they didn't check the tracking number while the dispute was open. Hound them to death until the reverse the decision. Also demand the removal of any defects this may have caused. Did the signature look like it could have been the buyers name?

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hey Tippy. Yes I did. Spoke to a very helpful person there (i know, sounds strange), told her what had happened and she read all the messages and she gave me an email address to forward my email that I sent him. I did that but it bounced back, so I had to ring again and another rep, very helpful again, sent me an email whilst on the phone to reply to. He replied back stating they had received the tracking number, address it was sent and proof it was delivered. I have to wait 24-48hrs for a decision, but they gave me a little heads up that, that Ebay will reimburse me because once the case it closed, they can't get the funds off the buyer. So I'll just wait and see.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Lucky buyer got the goods and the money back,had a few of those buyers lately.

Good luck.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry, forgot to answer your last question. The signature name was Jill, but the address is exactly as it is in ebay and PayPal.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I had a very similar case earlier this year with full proof of delivery.  Ebay reversed the decision in my favour as I was able to prove that the parcel was delivered.  BUT.....they took 2 months to refund me!   So be prepared for a long long wait for your refund if it goes your way.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply