Do I or don't I , affect another sellers dsr's?

I am a seller, and obviousy l know the pain of a defect, so usually don't leave feedback at all if I have a fairly poor buying experience, realising that for that seller, with usually good feedback, I may have been a one off etc..

however, I find myself unusually annoyed.

I bought a very expensive pair of walking shoes last Monday, $80 and $13 + post... I get a message that night saying they will be posted next day and tracking info uploaded. I and seller both in Sydney. Come friday, still no tracking number and no parcel, email again... finally yesterday afternoon, am contacted with a tracking number, and apologies that my email was missed as seller was away over weekend,  and the line "sometimes the things closest to us take the longest to arrive!, t should come today"

So I check the tracking and it was not even given at the post office till 5pm Friday, so would have stayed there all weekend.

Tracking still in transit.

I am so **bleep**. Probably becuase of all the stress I put into getting things posted immediately!

But more so because of the deception. I am so tempted to leave a low rating for postage time...

What would other sellers do?

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@lizzy6107 wrote:

I am so **bleep**. Probably becuase of all the stress I put into getting things posted immediately!

But more so because of the deception. I am so tempted to leave a low rating for postage time...

When it comes to the postage time DSR,

1 star rating = defect.

2 star rating, while still sub-par, = no defect.

So if it's just the idea of a defect you're wrestling with, you can still mark them low without causing one.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

First, do nothing until the parcel actually arrives.

I did read some posts where mail is being delayed all over and no-one, least of all Aust Post, can figure out why.

Probably in the end I would ding the postage stars, because of the original message, saying that they would be posted next day, which turned out not to be true.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

You have every right to leave the feedback or DSR's you feel are warranted.

It is a good idea though to have a separate account to use for buying when you are a regular seller to avoid an unhappy seller doing retaliatory low DSR's in return.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

surely youve answered your own question as you said if the seller is usually good and if its a one off you dont leave bad feedback. what is their feedback like in general? 

They did at least attempt communication although they do seem rather ambivilant. I'd be tempted to let it go to the keeper as long as the product is good but put a note in the feedback comments about their comms which is what I do.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, that's a concern ... I didn't think of that.. the retaliation aspect. Hmmm.

Justs adds to the riciduculousness of the system.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

lizzy6107,

No reason at all for you to even think about leaving any damaging stars for the seller!

They most likely had other things to do, something to interupt their postage routine, and the statement "that sometimes closest places take longest to arrive" is 100% correct.

I can attest to that.

I'm also in Sydney, and it's almost becoming a norm to have to wait almost 10 days  for something to arrive that was posted in Sydney also. Tracking almost always shows some weird routing, via QLD or VIC - and then back again.

And what 's the rush for the shoes anyway, you didn't say in your OP that you had a deadline /firm date with the seller.

Sorry, was quite disgusted to see other people's comments where they are reminding you to open another account - in order not to receive retaliatory f/back!

So it'k OK to do it to someone else, but not OK to be exposed to receive the same?

With a bit of luck, hopefuly your seller isn't as concerned about your opinion, f/back and stars in general - and is here to sell - just like you are! Except, you are much better at it and "post your items ASAP" - and they may have other things to do besides dropping everything and posting.

PS> If anything is dropped of at the PO on any Friday, it sits there anyway until Monday  - PO lady told me that.

So, it looks like your patience will be really tested for a while longer, unles you are very lucky, or they may travel cross country first before they reach you!

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Fix

If you are going to do something and say you are going to do it on ebay as part of your business,

then do it or suffer the consequences, neg feedback, comment in feedback or lower DSR's.

In this country if you find it hard to get to the PO, you still have the easy option of using 3kg Sachels which

you can just stuff in any old letter box, job done. Even if it costs you more. Most people have that option if

they thought ahead.

And having two accounts for buying and selling is sensible. I would assume that one is business

and one is personal, best to keep them separate.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

You obviously dont understand my post... but thanks for your input all the same.

If the seller had not been deceptive, then it wouldn't have even been an issue.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago, bought a pair of expensive walking shows too and the seller didn't post for over a week (closer to 10 days), I was a bit peeved and sent several messages to find out if they had actually posted my item and simply hadn't marked it as such...turns out the seller was taken to hospital after having a miscarriage and relied on her Mum to sort of her Ebay postage and a 'million other things' obviously she missed my parcel which I did eventually receive and a massive apology from the seller....I decided to leave no feedback at all...obviously anything can happen and change the 'normal' course of our lives in an instant!
Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

It's a hard one isn't it?  

Buyers who aren't also sellers find it easy to be completely honest in choosing star ratings, but when you've been on the other end of it, you tend to have a hard time inflicting it on others, even if it really is deserved.

As a seller, my ONLY indignation is when those dsrs are undeserved.  If I could have done a better job of something, I apologise, try to fix it, and cop the dsrs.  I chalk it up to a learning experience and move on, but I can promise you that it's not a mistake I make again.

I think, with your explanation, that I would mark the dsr down too.  And I don't think you should feel bad about it either.

Just my 2c worth.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply