Do you have to use the Aus Post boxes or can I use other ones which are cheaper

I have been useing Fastway for a while but more and more people want my stuff sent to PO boxes which Fastway don't. The problem is the Aus Post cardboard boxes are expensive and there are a lot cheaper through ebay. I want to start using Aus Post to send stuff as i want to print the label and attach it to the box but I don't want to buy the Aus Post ones.

Cheers

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have never had any problems with using my own boxes.  I always put correct dimensions and weight info into the create a label area and lodge at post office.  Judging from what is waiting to be collected at the post office, hardly any parcels are ever in official boxes.  I put what I can into satchels, but a lot of my items are very non standard shapes etc. so impossible to conform to standard sizes most of the time.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

โ€œThis offer is limited to Australia Post mailing boxes in the sizes Bx1, Bx2, and Bx4โ€.  (This refers to the reduced rate prices)

http://stores.ebay.com.au/australiapoststore/pages/australia-post-store-boxes

In Terms and conditions: 

โ€œ๏‚ท  Incorrectly labelled boxes, items packed in the wrong sized box, or items packed in a non-Australia Post mailing box and lodged in a street posting box may not be processed by Australia Post and may be returned to sender. 

๏‚ท  Incorrectly labelled boxes, items packed in the wrong sized box, or items packed in a non-Australia Post mailing box may not be processed in an Australia Post retail outletโ€

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Another alternative is to use the ebay satchels - which are more reasonable.

That way, you can buy or use very cheap boxes - and put them inside the satchel.

PS:   the flat rates won't do  you any good for the 5kg lots though - with packing it will be too heavy to qualify.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

The boxes are discounted if you buy them in bulk.

Why not try and find another eBayer to share a bulk pack of 200.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

You're not meant to, but I use my own packaging for eBay satchels & boxes and have never gotten into trouble. Just as long as you're within the weight limits on the label... you'll be okay.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I do not use their boxes and have had no problems lodging over the counter for the past year. In fact I must admit I did not realise you had to use their boxes (blush).

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Aus Post are reportedly checking more items sent through eBay Postage Labels and C&S for correct weights so even if your local PO doesn't pickup the incorrect packaging it may happen at one of the distribution centres.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I have used my own boxes and recycled AP boxes. I have never had any trouble with this ever.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I have never had any problems with using my own boxes.  I always put correct dimensions and weight info into the create a label area and lodge at post office.  Judging from what is waiting to be collected at the post office, hardly any parcels are ever in official boxes.  I put what I can into satchels, but a lot of my items are very non standard shapes etc. so impossible to conform to standard sizes most of the time.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

There is no problem with using your own boxes or satchels with either C&S or the eBay Postage Labels, just select Own Packaging and enter the weight and box dimensions.

The Aus Post Flat Rate prices are for items posted only in Aus Post Flat Rate satchels and boxes.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply