Dropshipping

hughe_25
Community Member

Hi there, im new to ebay and saw a few videos on utube about dropselling but they all seem to be from the US and was wondering if you can do it in Australia and if you can does anybody have any tips they might be able to give me.

Many Thanks.

Mark.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Dropshipping

There was a query about this just the other day on this forum, with some replies.  See here:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/How-to-organise-Shipping-and-Packing/td-p/1987293/jump-to/fi...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Dropshipping

My tip for you is don't do it. You would be setting yourself up for potential disaster.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Dropshipping

as with tippy toes. Actually you could do it. But I would never do it on ebay.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Dropshipping

There are a few dropshipping companies who are reputable and reliable however they already have many, many people selling their goods, some of them on a very large scale so without a massive capital investment you would be unable to compete with those established sellers.  That would leave you at the mercy of the tin pot outfits that start off doing everything right until you increase your spend with them then the goods stop arriving wit the buyers and low quality goods are used then guess who has to refund the buyers without any hope of getting your money back from the dropshipper.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Dropshipping

I think eBay's Money Back Guarantee has killed off the viability of dropshipping for new members with little or no experience . . . . . . or so little experience in the area that they come to a public forum to seek advice about it.

Maybe Matt and Amanda Clarkson should publish a revision to their eBay book that spruiks dropshipping as an easy way to make a fortune.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply