EBAY NEADS TO REVISE THERE FEEDBACK REGULATIONS SELLARS FORM A LARGE PART OF EBAY

Why is it ok for buyers to make you wait for payments , refuse to get back to you or refuse to answer emails be nasty about things THAY CAN DO IT A HUNDRED TIMES & GET AWAY WITH IT BECAUSE WITHOUT NAGATIVE FEEDBACK US SELLARS DONT KNOW WHAT THERE LIKE

and still sellars cannot leave negative feedback ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  

EBAYS EXCUSE

While sellers can leave a positive Feedback rating and a comment for buyers, they can t leave negative or neutral Feedback.... Negative Feedback discourages buyers from future transactions and can lead to lower sales

Seems to me that ebay only worries about there commision ,

YOU SAY IT DISCOURAGES BUYERS from making future transactions

WELL  it discourages sellars from selling on ebay because we are getting sick of idiot buyers stuffing us around and costing us money LET US LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK SO OTHER BUYERS KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT AND BLOCK THESE BIDDERS

I know myself & a lot of others are turning to local papers & notice board to sell our goods

I DONT KNOW WHY I BOTHER  BECAUSE EBAY IS GETTING WELL KNOW FOR IGNORING PROBLEMS AS LONG AS THERE COMMISION IS COMING IN

DONT TAKE IT VOICE YOUR OPINION IF WE STAND TOGETHER MAYBE JUST MAYBE THINGS WILL CHANGE & FOR ALL YOU EBAYERS OUT THERE READING THIS THAT HAVE DONE THE WRONG THING BY SELLARS """KARMA"""

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

EBAY NEADS TO REVISE THERE FEEDBACK REGULATIONS SELLARS FORM A LARGE PART OF EBAY

On the contrary if buyers had negatives they would be suspended, sanctioned or banned from Ebay.

When a seller has a series of negatives they are removed from Ebay. The same should apply to buyers.

Recently I wasted a lot of effort on a buyer who had 35 negative/ positives in the last month and over 200 for 12 months and in the month he had only completed three transactions. Ebay were getting false income as if people did not follow the rules they were still having to pay FVF.  

This is not an occasional mistake it is systematic abuse of the system. These types of people should not be on Ebay and reintroduction of negatives for buyers would  eventually eliminate them from the system.

Just read the huge numbers of threads now about non payers and the names in there change daily. Then read the defense of the system from the same handful of people who defend them time after time after time.

It is a pox on Ebay that they do nothing about it that is effective. As long as they get their excessive commissions they are happy.

Just take a think about refunds of FVF's. If you do not jump through the hoops in the correct order Ebay get to keep their FVF. So the loser is the seller. You pay for listing, pay FVF and do not get any income.

Yes that is a  level playing field. Almost makes you wonder if Ebay are encouraging the practice.

Message 11 of 37
Latest reply

Two hoops -

Open a dispute, then close it. Hardly difficult or time-consuming. Or hoops, for that matter.

As all sellers have presumably read the site map about selling (at least) and disputes are a prominent section of that, I would think sellers should not be losing FVFs on non-payments.

Message 12 of 37
Latest reply

Then read the defense of the system from the same handful of people who defend them time after time after time.

This seller had over thirty negative positives  in a month and lord knows how many non responses. I recently had a small handful of negatives because of illness and have restrictions in place on my account. Have missed out on two lots of free listings , but this clown is still buying and not paying at will on Ebay. Seems that blocks and strikes do not work because I know of at least three people who have gone through the process with him.

and he even came back and tried to buy from me again according to my log.

Now if there had been 36 negatives this person should probably not be on Ebay. (or we would be asking why he was still on there !!!!! wouldnt we. )

I think negatives have a place for unruly persistent problem buyers.

And if not there should be a public record to make it obvious who the troublemakers are, as I and a growing number of others are getting sick of this.

Ebay is a hard enough marketplace nowadays without putting up with Psychos.

I can understand an odd mistake but think about 200 in a year. That is at least one every second day.

How do you justify this behaviour??????

It is either vindictive, intentional attempts to distort the market, intended to reduce competition or just plain stupid behaviour.

How does it fit into any legal business model???? How does it fit into decent behaviour ?????? Is it ethical ????????

Message 13 of 37
Latest reply

You are fully aware of how the system works.

The number of false positives would not worry me. I don't look at buyers' feedback. I send a reminder on Day 4, open a dispute on Day 5, close (if unpaid) on Day 9.

Easy, simple, and probably takes less time than continual laments on the boards when eBay have given you the tools to manage how you deal with these people. Your choices seem to be to work within the limitations (my choice) or go elsewhere. Since you're still here....

Message 14 of 37
Latest reply

Hate to disspoint you but there are sellers out there with over 500 Negs , and they are not suspended .

So in fairness and all things equal if you want buyers to be able to receive Negs how would over 500 Negs on a Buyers profile mean anything to anyone . They can't suspend one and not the other .

Non payers and difficult buyers are al part of selling , so are unreliable sellers and the list goes on .

Message 15 of 37
Latest reply

I had dealings with a seller  recently who had 320 negatives this month alone, but they had 17,000 positives in the same month.

their rating was still 98.7 %

The clown I was using as the example would have a rating of about 20% which should see them at the absolute minimum on a month or more suspension.

Lies d..am lies and statistics.

And maybe I am not just here, some people are multi faceted

Message 16 of 37
Latest reply

Ebay policy spoiled buyers. They have extremely high expectation on the items while paying tiny little price. They don't have ideas how much the products actually cost the sellers. when they are not happy and want to return and refund, they expect sellers to pay it all including two way postages even though the seller didn't do anything wrong. they can find any excuse to claim the money. if the sellers refuse, they just thread them with a negtive feedback. and it works almost everytimes. so the sellers have to pay money to satisfy them. 

Message 17 of 37
Latest reply

@sophie801108 wrote:

Ebay policy spoiled buyers. They have extremely high expectation on the items while paying tiny little price. They don't have ideas how much the products actually cost the sellers. when they are not happy and want to return and refund, they expect sellers to pay it all including two way postages even though the seller didn't do anything wrong. they can find any excuse to claim the money. if the sellers refuse, they just thread them with a negtive feedback. and it works almost everytimes. so the sellers have to pay money to satisfy them. 

Doesn't work with me. I think you have allowed yourself to be bullied.

Message 18 of 37
Latest reply

i met few very very weired unreasonable customers, but most of them are good. 

Message 19 of 37
Latest reply

Then your original statement is hyperbole

Message 20 of 37
Latest reply