EBAY POLICY FOR SELLER IS UNLAWFUL AND BREACHES RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER AND AS A SELLER!!!!!!!!!!

What a rubbish policy for sellers, On what planet can you walk into a shop and purchase a item but tell the person who is selling it to you ,"Now i have paid for my item,but the payment is on hold until i take my product home and test it to see if im happy and then only then i will pay"....Oh ok thats right ebay planet!...You Ebay and Paypal are the worst kind of criminal!!!!!!!!!! A policy set that has the worst ramifacation on a seller, How can i force a buyer to leave feedback and whos to say he does not lie and says not recieved when he picks up the item?...What protection do i have as a seller?.. Do i need to record live footage of the handover maybe? And when i call as a customer and you want all my details yet cant even supply me a customer, with your employee ID? And the reading of a tempalte in front of you to respond to my question and frustration about my real life concern is terrible! I do all the hard work cleaning, photo taking, researching, listing correctly, packing, shipping, then you take your fee of my hard earned labour while sitting in that piggy chair, along with the buyer not directly there fault but as a result of ebay policy the buyer just clicks pays and all is good! Your system is beyond flawed, It is not even legal!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

EBAY POLICY FOR SELLER IS UNLAWFUL AND BREACHES RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER AND AS A SELLER!!!!!!!!!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am assuming that your rant is about the 21 day hold on your money by paypal?

It has been happening for long enough that if it was not legal someone would have started legal action by now. 

There are ways to work around it if you have a look on the boards.....there have been numerous threads about it since it started.

However, if your customers are paying by paypal for Pick Up items then you have a problem in that you cannot prove to paypal's satisfaction that you have posted the item.  Unless the buyer leaves feedback you will probably have to wait the 21 days before your money is released.

If you are allowing paypal for Pick Up items you have no paypal seller protection....and neither does the buyer.

Ask for cash on pickup....tell your buyers that they have no paypal buyer protection when they pick up the items and they will probably be happy to pay cash when they have inspected the goods.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I appreciate your comment but im sorry it is a lot more in depth, my rating dropped as a result of a buyer opening dispute for non received item, oct 17 but closed on 23oct as arrived later then they expected, but my funds were held by ebay in paypal until the 12TH of november !..during this period i was unable to send items nor refund as i had no money to do so. Then paypal try to debit fees from my bank acc for ebay costing me $75 in dishonor fees. And i had told buyers this but still i received a drop in seller rating for the 1st time ever.I have sold on ebay for over 4 years now as a power seller and top rating with no issues at all until now!...So before making a assumption and having a comment about some ones rant maybe think about it a little more. One day you might have a issue with your account and money that helps provide for your family and i might be the one to lay comment. Unless of course your a friendly Ebay/paypal mediator? And if so what is the fees like do they pay per comment?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

And im not sure if you have watched or listen to the news?..But both have been taken to court not for my exact rant but things outside of consumer law and i recall paypal only this June gone had to pay over $220000 to the victim.
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

@aaronsbay wrote:
I appreciate your comment but im sorry it is a lot more in depth, my rating dropped as a result of a buyer opening dispute for non received item, oct 17 but closed on 23oct as arrived later then they expected, but my funds were held by ebay in paypal until the 12TH of november !..during this period i was unable to send items nor refund as i had no money to do so. Then paypal try to debit fees from my bank acc for ebay costing me $75 in dishonor fees. And i had told buyers this but still i received a drop in seller rating for the 1st time ever.I have sold on ebay for over 4 years now as a power seller and top rating with no issues at all until now!...So before making a assumption and having a comment about some ones rant maybe think about it a little more. One day you might have a issue with your account and money that helps provide for your family and i might be the one to lay comment. Unless of course your a friendly Ebay/paypal mediator? And if so what is the fees like do they pay per comment?

Geez, what's with all these people lately accusing Lyndal of being an eBay employee? Does anyone really think that an eBay employee would use their trading account to post on the forums, knowing anyone and everyone can see what they've bought? For the record, eBay employess don't come to the forums. The only paid members are the moderators. Maybe Lyndal should demand to go on the payroll, given every man and his dog already thinks she is.

Being a Powerseller or TRS is nothing to get excited about. You only have to sell 100 items a year to get that. It's not hard for the average seller to achieve that. Seems you are no longer a TRS thanks to your negative feedbacks. Maybe if you had replied to your buyers when they contacted you, you could have possibly avoided 2 of them.

To avoid the lengthy wait, you should have called PayPal and told them the dispute had been closed and they would have released your funds, probably while you were on the phone. They are quite obliging when you call them. As long as you don't call with guns blazing, you would be quite surprised how obliging they are.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Geez whats with all the assuming?...I worked in customer service and managed a multi million dollar year liqour outlet so i do know a little about how to approach people from both sides of the fence! And besides the fact i do not need to explain myself to Lyndal or yourself! I made my comment after very long and tedious event, My comment was a very educated one and personal to myself directed at company which has a policy that is a shamble. Every circumstances bad and good are on any level is unique and has things involved 

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

And again maybe you can only see one side of a story again on the 2 negatives i made contact via phone and did reply to there messages so there you go again flogging on about how you think you know the whole story.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

@aaronsbay wrote:
Geez whats with all the assuming?...I worked in customer service and managed a multi million dollar year liqour outlet so i do know a little about how to approach people from both sides of the fence! And besides the fact i do not need to explain myself to Lyndal or yourself! I made my comment after very long and tedious event, My comment was a very educated one and personal to myself directed at company which has a policy that is a shamble.and the comments by both you and Lyndal are ignorant and a jab at me and my intelligence. And why do people like YOU and Lyndal feel it your given right to tell people what they should do or if your opinion is not of substance? Every circumstances bad and good are on any level is unique and has things involved that people such as the both of you are so oblivious to. So geez go tell a pilot how to fly.

NO it wasn't. And managing a grog shop doesn't involve a lot of people skills. Customers are almost always motivated by price.

If you think members of the boards are eBay employees or ignorant, then it might pay you to not ask non-questions in the first place.

Unless you are only seeking reinforcement of your particular paradigm and are not interested in facts or remedies for your situation. Which could well be, given you insist on replying to yourself rather than the poster you are 'addressing'.

Frankly, if you need your buyers' money before you can afford to post, you are not a professional seller. I always leave enough money in my Paypal account to cover at least 3 INRs, although I've never had one.

Something about rainy days, I believe.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

A grog shop run by Woolworths is hardly a cake walk there are more laws and customer service attention then i gather you could ever comprehend? Have you managed a grog shop so you would know mystery shopper results are contstant and customer service is what brings people in to your store? You must have worked in the industry you sure do know so much about it. And how long have you been a member on ebay for? How many children do you have in your professional ebay family? And that is not smart business paying for all your costings before payments are received and again whos to say ghis time i had little money because of a family member suffering from a terminal disease was in financial need for there treatment who we helped out which put us as a family in a really tight spot for a fortnight? But again you must know because you are you.And may i ask holy one what is your real professional career other then ebay? Surgeon, scientist maybe?, wait a politician that must be it.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@aaronsbay wrote:
I appreciate your comment but im sorry it is a lot more in depth,

I replied only on the basis of what you posted which was nothing more than a rant at ebay and paypal which they will never see as they do not come to the boards.

If you wanted an in depth and correct answer maybe you should have posted some information to give responders some idea of the real problem.

There is no need to be abusive to posters here....we don't have to answer you.  Next time you come here for help you may find no-one will bother if they think they might get the abuse you have spat out at those who have responded here.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply