EBAY RETURN REQUEST What do l do now ?

I recently sold a dvd to a customer in Europe. I recieved an Ebay return  request buyer stated that the dvd was faulty and would not play I was asked to respond to the buyer, so i did and said several times i would send a replacement the next day . I am still get requests from ebay to respond ,guess they are automated and now recieved a final notice  that i have exceeded the deadline   .Not sure what to do ? do i need to ask ebay to assit ? ....

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay will continue to ask you to respond until the case is resolved, either by you accepting the return, refunding, the buyer being happy with the resolution and closing it, or it times out after 30-odd days. You can progress it by selecting one of the available options, but the request system is not set up to accomodate replacements. You can provide one, but I suspect *tippy*toes* is likely on the money with the DVD not being the correct region (Aus is region 4, Europe is region 2) so a replacement might well result in the same issue, and it requires you to communicate directly and then relies on the buyer closing (or not escalating) the request. 

Edit: just saw your response, so ignore all the stuff re: DVD regions. 😄

If the buyer doesn't close the request, the choices eBay provide are to accept the return (which will require you to pay for return postage), refund the buyer (without return) or offer them a partial refund (I personally wouldn't use that option unless the buyer has indicated it would be acceptable, eg in the case of some items in an order being not as described and they want to keep the item[s]).

If you ask eBay to step in, they will almost invariably (and seemingly automatically) refund the buyer and it could become a 'case closed without seller resolution', which is not a good thing unfortunately (most sellers are allowed 2 before selling restrictions can be applied). 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Does the DVD not play because it doesn't suit the buyers region?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

They are region free. not the problem .The customer said it popped off the dvd cover  locater and the surface was marked, so just damaged in transit. I dont have an issue sending a replacement just cant seem to satisfy ebay

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

eBay will continue to ask you to respond until the case is resolved, either by you accepting the return, refunding, the buyer being happy with the resolution and closing it, or it times out after 30-odd days. You can progress it by selecting one of the available options, but the request system is not set up to accomodate replacements. You can provide one, but I suspect *tippy*toes* is likely on the money with the DVD not being the correct region (Aus is region 4, Europe is region 2) so a replacement might well result in the same issue, and it requires you to communicate directly and then relies on the buyer closing (or not escalating) the request. 

Edit: just saw your response, so ignore all the stuff re: DVD regions. 😄

If the buyer doesn't close the request, the choices eBay provide are to accept the return (which will require you to pay for return postage), refund the buyer (without return) or offer them a partial refund (I personally wouldn't use that option unless the buyer has indicated it would be acceptable, eg in the case of some items in an order being not as described and they want to keep the item[s]).

If you ask eBay to step in, they will almost invariably (and seemingly automatically) refund the buyer and it could become a 'case closed without seller resolution', which is not a good thing unfortunately (most sellers are allowed 2 before selling restrictions can be applied). 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks, you have explained it well
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply