Ebay EAD this has to end!

After being a top seller for more than 12 years in a row...ebay has ran its course with my business now. Having done more than 3.5 million dollars in sales you think that ebay would listen and take note when we have something to say. The fees are way more than going main stream with advertising and hitting the social media and free for sale sites. I thought it would take a few months to get back to the level of sales we were doing on ebay but that is not the case, it took 2 weeks and we have not even started the add campaigns in print media. My 5k a month in fees will now be $1500 in print media and get to all the customers that do not trust ebay anymore. With or without me ebay will continue, just letting all you sellers know that it is not the one and only way to sell or have success. I will continue to sell via my USA account, the fees are half and the free listings are way more each month. Why do you Australian sellers think this is so? Ebay Australia can't and will not tell me. Is other print media in the process of setting up an ebay like site. That will be welcomed! When you as a business stop listening to your customer base you lose credibility in my book. Greed is not always good!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Yes there are several competing sites. Ebay however owns the best one of them and stops sales on all but services from going thru that sites listings. Also owns the major payment gateway.

Ebay Australia has teamed up with some monopolising companies and well has applied that same concept.

In Australia there is no recourse or overseeing authority or competition or limitations to keep fairness in the system.

As such the fees and particularly the rules have become overbearing.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes it's sad isn't it.

There is of course the ACCC but they are already busy referring competition matters to other agencies....who refer them on...and around goes the merry go-round....I know because I used to collaborate with the ACCC on competition matters in a former career.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

What does it say about a site who literally makes 3-4 times the profit from my business then i do !! Due to the ridiculous fees charges on computer items.

Ebay wants ALL small to medium business gone from this site and that is why they never respond to emails and do what they can to shut down sales and resolve serious issues.

Is is any wonder people are now ripping off on this site by the truck load.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Have been back and forth with eBay to answer questions the last 24 hours, everyone is different and insulting in some cases. They either have no training or they are just taking the **bleep**...I can't believe that with a cancelled auction that the buyer can give false feedback and eBay say it is Professional and truthfull opinion as to what feedback they give?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@upc.online wrote:

After being a top seller for more than 12 years in a row...ebay has ran its course with my business now. Having done more than 3.5 million dollars in sales you think that ebay would listen and take note when we have something to say. The fees are way more than going main stream with advertising and hitting the social media and free for sale sites. I thought it would take a few months to get back to the level of sales we were doing on ebay but that is not the case, it took 2 weeks and we have not even started the add campaigns in print media. My 5k a month in fees will now be $1500 in print media and get to all the customers that do not trust ebay anymore. With or without me ebay will continue, just letting all you sellers know that it is not the one and only way to sell or have success. I will continue to sell via my USA account, the fees are half and the free listings are way more each month. Why do you Australian sellers think this is so? Ebay Australia can't and will not tell me. Is other print media in the process of setting up an ebay like site. That will be welcomed! When you as a business stop listening to your customer base you lose credibility in my book. Greed is not always good!

aussies pay way more for pretty much everything compared to u.s.a., not just ebay.

a lot has to do with our minimum wage being double what it is in the u.s.

that drives up inflation.

i love shopping in the states.

even with our dollar being so low, it's still a cheaper place to shop.

i think many sellers here have a love hate relationship with ebay.

i sell on other sites too.

it's pretty time consuming though.

i'm really happy to hear you have diversified your selling platforms successfully.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply