Ebay Problem or just bad buyers?

Is everything working ok with ebay at the moment? I have had 8 people commit to buy things and not pay in the last 3-4 days. This just seems really weird to me. 

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I've had a few buyers telling me they have had problems with paying with paypal. When I sent invoices straight from paypal there were no problems. this started 5 days ago.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

No one has contacted me letting me know that they have had a problem paying. I'm just worried that they are going to complain when their item gets delayed. I have contacted some of the people and they are not contacting me back. I just don't know if there is an ebay problem or if it is the buyers. 8 items unplaid in 3 days just seems really high to me.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I've just been worrying about the same thing actually. I'm used to non paying bidders, but I've had 3 just this week, usually I get about 2 a month.

I hope there's no issue... No one is contacting me about it at any rate. I invoiced them yesterday and messaged them this evening

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I have had maybe a total of 4 unpaid buyers in a few months but 8 in 3 days is a lot.

I just don't get it. There is no reason not to pay straight away unless you are waiting for combined postage.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

On day 3 I always send a buyer who hasn't paid an invoice with a message asking them to confirm payment as I cannot locate it and to contact me if they are having trouble paying. It does appear from the number of threads that there are definitely some problems with the payment and Paypal links.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Just an update. I have had 2 of the buyer get back to me and they are both having trouble with their Pay Pal.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

How long do you normally wait after receiving eBay's "item sold" notification before issuing the buyer an invoice if not accompanied by their payment? Do you think 24 hours is too soon?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

I had another buyer today say he is having trouble with paypal. Not sure what's going on no one has actually said what the problem is.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I've had problems logging in to Paypal here as well. When the site connects, it locks up Firefox for about 2 or 3 minutes before eventually coming good, then the same thing happens when logging off. This has been going on for at least 3 or 4 days now, so I don't want to appear to be hassling my buyer by sending her an invoice too quickly.

She may very well have been trying to pay and been unable to, although I'd reasonably expect an email telling me so if that was the case. My listing does request payment at the time of sale, so I suppose 24 hours without notification should be long enough to wait before sending her an invoice.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply