Ebay final value fee and shipping fee is not returned

Recently ebay closed a case and refunded the buyer, however the ebay final fianl fee and shipping fee charged is not return to us ebay seller, is it fair?

eBay Customer Service has refunded the buyer.

Final decision:
You were not found at fault.
Transaction summary:
Any remaining funds from this transaction are available

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

You have not said what the reason was for the refund.

Presumably the buyer raised some form of case against you that was found in the buyer's favour.

You could try calling ebay and explaining that as part of the closed case / refund that the final decision was "not your fault" and that you are therefore requesting a refund of FVF's.

Good luck with that one.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If the buyer has asked ebay to step in and ebay found in favour of the buyer then the seller will get nothing back. If you're sure your getting those fees back then give it more time perhaps.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Buyer said the item he received is not a genuine product, and it is too cheap. I promised to refund if he destroy it. Buyer don't agree, just want to keep it and still want money back. eBay refund, and also agree " I'm not at fault." But why eBay still charge FVF and Shipping fee, plus PayPal fee I guess?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I think you will need to call ebay and argue your case to get any credit for FVF.

Also if you believe that PayPal should refund their part of the fees you will also need to call them and argue the case.

There are not too many situations where fee refund would be automatic after a transaction has been completed with delivery to the buyer.

Their default is to keep the fees unless you can successfully argue otherwise.

Your only chance, as I see it, would be those words "not at fault".

Keep in mind that ebay FVF's are charged to your account the minute the buyer commits to buy (or wins an auction) even before they have paid.

PayPal fees are deducted upon receipt of payment via PayPal.

The 30-cent PayPal transaction component of their fee you will never get back no matter what.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

if as you say the item was fake then the buyer does not have to return for a refund. And i would consider you at fault, for selling a fake item.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@oz-fairprice wrote:
Recently ebay closed a case and refunded the buyer, however the ebay final fianl fee and shipping fee charged is not return to us ebay seller, is it fair?

eBay Customer Service has refunded the buyer.

Final decision:
You were not found at fault.
Transaction summary:
Any remaining funds from this transaction are available

Am I reading this wrong, or did eBay refund the buyer out of their pocket (not yours), so you kept the money but also want a FVF credit? 

If you did get to keep the money, you're not eligible for a FVF credit as, for all intents and purposes, you're in the same position as before (i.e. item sold, fees charged, money received, item sent). 

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply