Ebay flat out lie

On your item unsold email, they recommend you relist at a suggested lower price, then proceed to show similar items in the that price range with a claimed sold price.

This is a flat out lie. The "examples' give on my email include some of my own items..These items did not sell for stated price, infact they were also unsold items.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay flat out lie

Busted eBay!!!! I wonder how many people bother to check that? My guess is probably very few.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

Sold or selling?

I thought the suggested with examples shows what others are selling at, not sold?

image host
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

It gives sold for and they are ended listings. The impression it is giving is list in this price range and look what things are being sold for. It is not a link to get you to go buy, but instead to influence you to relist for less.

I believe Ebay are pushing price dropping on relist, and it is possible it affects"search alogerithisms" ie follow our "recommendations" or you drop.. There are a lot of recommendations lately, and a lot of dropping in rankings for established sellers who are probably reluctant to be told what to do by Ebay. Just a thought.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

I believe Ebay are pushing price dropping on relist

No doubt. 

And as for new marketing strategies effecting search rankings, ebay would be far better off spending time on eliminating so many Chinese sellers not located in Aus together with cleaning up listings in incorrect categories.

That alone would lift all the genuine sellers in rankings and give more credibility to the site.

But we wait with bated breath.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

(i) eBay note: List this item as Fixed price, 10 days with Best Offer so that more buyers will find your item.

A $2 empty game cover (no disc) didn't sell for umpteen times on end so eBay gave me that "advice"! Aside from that, it was already a fixed price, 10 day listing...
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

I hate their suggestions. Most of the time it's furniture (pick up) that's in another flipping state. Now what good is that?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

I don't get unsold item emails. Maybe opt out?

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

@lane-ends wrote:

On your item unsold email, they recommend you relist at a suggested lower price, then proceed to show similar items in the that price range with a claimed sold price.

This is a flat out lie. The "examples' give on my email include some of my own items..These items did not sell for stated price, infact they were also unsold items.

Just another possible breach of Australia consumer laws regarding misleading advertising in Oz to add to the long, and growing list.

*sigh*

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Ebay flat out lie

@davewil1964 wrote:

I don't get unsold item emails. Maybe opt out?

I dont normally read them, just bulk delete them,they are just a heads up when they arrive in my inbox to let me know there are items in unsold folder to be attended to. I only read this one as i had accidently deleted items from unsold folder and had to go find the email to see what I had deleted..doh!

Thats the irony I doubt anyone does read them, so whats the point of these suggestions.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply