Ebay removing posts? No reason provided.

I recently posted a copy of a chat transcript with Ebay (all personal information removed) but have found that it has been deleted. I thought my post met the Ebay guidleines of being "informative, helpful and entertaining."

Essentially I was completed confused by the responses being provided by two Ebay representatives (as exampled by the chat message) and wanted the opinion of other members as a sanity check. (When you get multiple people telling you that something doesn't exist and that everyone will tell you it doesn't exist you do start to question yourself).

Note: as it turns all of the Ebay representatives were giving me wrong information as confirmed by other Ebay members and subsequently Ebay itself.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@bombora-marine wrote:

I recently posted a copy of a chat transcript with Ebay (all personal information removed) but have found that it has been deleted. I thought my post met the Ebay guidleines of being "informative, helpful and entertaining."

Essentially I was completed confused by the responses being provided by two Ebay representatives (as exampled by the chat message) and wanted the opinion of other members as a sanity check. (When you get multiple people telling you that something doesn't exist and that everyone will tell you it doesn't exist you do start to question yourself).

Note: as it turns all of the Ebay representatives were giving me wrong information as confirmed by other Ebay members and subsequently Ebay itself.

One of the rules is you are not allowed to post chat transcripts - there's no mention of exclusions for removing identifying info so I'm guessing its still not allowed.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thanks for that. Just found it in posting examples.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You are not allowed to post any private communications between members either.....it could come under that rule.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply