Ebay said thank you

I think I did the right thing:

29th Dec - Buyer ordered item (PDF file). Post Office closed to 2nd Jan.

2nd Jan - Posted CD containing PDF file

26th Jan - Buyer advised item not yet received.

26th Jan - Refund sent to buyer. Separate email sent direct to buyer.

Received following from EBay

"Hi stampingpaws,
Thank you for resolving your recent eBay Buyer Protection case (5077286817) in the Resolution Center. We know that sometimes there are problems with a sale, and we're happy that you were able to resolve the case with your buyer.
We encourage buyers to buy on eBay with the same confidence, assured satisfaction, and quick response that they expect from a trusted retailer. And we want you to know that we value sellers like you who provide outstanding customer service.
Going forward, here is an overview of eBay Seller Protection, some best practices on avoiding future claims, and what the Buyer Protection Process means for sellers.
We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and wish you success in your future selling.

Thank you for selling on eBay!
----------------------------------------------------

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ebay said thank you

Well done, although I note that nowhere in this email does it state that you will not receive a defect for this transaction.....hope I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay said thank you

That's the bit I was looking for too!
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay said thank you

And nowhere does it say

"Just because you've been so good, we'll switch your listings on for another 5 minutes this week."

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay said thank you

Looks like I did get a defect - for item lost in post - that was refunded immediately without any input from EBay, and that EBay thanked me for. But I am refusing to be upset by their arrogant interpretation of good business practice.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay said thank you

Opening my own website

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ebay said thank you

The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

I saw the message in my inbox before I even got the email notification, and I decided the best thing to do at the time was issue an immediate refund. Once I did, I got the notice of the case and a similar message as above saying it won't count against me.

Next thing I know, I have a defect for a cancelled transaction - I hadn't cancelled any but the message I got from eBay said that my FVF would be credited back (which actually surprised me - I didn't think they'd credit me for them at all), so I assumed the cancelled transaction defect was from the case.

But...a couple of days later, that defect disappeared and I haven't had any new ones since, for INR or anything else. o_O

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply