Ebay sales Dropped ....Why so Slow?

Worth reading.... my sales have nearly stopped the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Last Christmas I was flat out. Ended all my Christmas items this year as hardly any are selling.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/Ebay-sales-Dropped-Why-so-Slow/td-p/1511...

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

We operate 5x selling IDs. 2 are basic stores and the other 3 are non-store IDs.

The stores have been about the same sales rate as for last year this time. But we have lots more items listed in them too.

But auctions on the non-store IDs have been abysmal. Less than 10% conversion rate.

It just was not really worth the time taken to list the 40x free auctions each month on these IDs.

The few sales we did get from the auction IDs have meant that on total sales we are up from same period last year, but last year we only had the two stores.

So in reality down as compared to the total number of listings we have had advertised. The buyers are not here this year.

Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Clarry

So your saying that a store needs an ID to be effective ? (non-store ID sales not happening ?)

Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

we spoke about this last week... our sales are down to more than half compared to last year... we have been running pretty much the same ie: number of listings..basically its been a shocking Xmas sales wise..

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

My store sales are slow but that is mostly my own fault, my auction id has been extra successful so I have rather neglected the store and have no where near my full quota of included listings. If and when I do add a few items or revise old ones sales do increase for a few days.

As for the auctions I have never done as well I don't think, nearly all items are selling, most on the first of the listings, a few on the second and so far since the beginning of November when I started selling again only 3 items have not sold by the end of the extra 3 times relist. Well over 50% of my items are getting multiple bids and some perfectly ordinary clothing items are going for over the top prices.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

Take what you can On Ebay, Compared to last year, this quater has been up in sales for myself. Although all good things must come to an end.

I must've met my quota because people have stopped buying since yesterday and today. I don't expect anything too pleasant come Jan-Feb-March-April - in fact I'm dreading it. Luckily for me, I'm concentrating on my Amazon business amongst other things in the new year.

Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

I must have met whatever my quota is as well.

I have checked out the site showing  traffic to my items and it is half of what it was last year. I have checked other month as well, and they all show at least a 50% drop in visits to my store.

Up until the beginning of this month, I had nearly 500 items listed. Due to the drop in sales, I have had to downsize to the regular store with 200 free listings. The shop fees were eating into my profits.

I have been selling on ebay for 11 years and have never had to do this before....very sad.

Oh well, maybe next year will be better.

I wish you all Merry Christmas.

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

Not sure I follow your question.

We sell under five different ebay IDs.

Two of those are basic stores and cost $19.95 per month each to subscribe to. Plus of course all the other normal fees. Listing, FVF etc.

The other three are not.

It's the non-stores (ie we list auctions only to take advanmtage of the 40x free listings per month) that have been doing badly.

Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

I don't think it's just eBay.

I went to finish Christmas shopping last Sunday at a Westfield complex.  Got a later start than intended, and was dreading the thought of finding a carpark, but found one close by straight away.  Troddled up to Target - not too many people.  Went down to get the inevitable Lego at KMart - wasn't wall to wall with shoppers.  Then had to go to Bunnings, getting a park was easy, the carpark was half empty.

I  feel that this year there isn't the money to be spent - whether it be on-line or at the B&M's.  I've no idea why people seem to be feeling the pinch so much this year.  Just the impression I've been getting anyway.

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

They are. Mentally and actually.

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply