Ebay sales Dropped ....Why so Slow?

Worth reading.... my sales have nearly stopped the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Last Christmas I was flat out. Ended all my Christmas items this year as hardly any are selling.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/Ebay-sales-Dropped-Why-so-Slow/td-p/1511...

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Let's hope the whole business will soon collapse but not before I get my money back from paypal thanks to a crook who

sold me used generator as brand new and at the end I had to send it back paying nearly $100 for the pleasure.

There are very nice people on ebay buy what spoils everything are some crooks and ebay,paypal with stupid rules as their

company.On top of that greedy AP.Maybe a new operator starts another e store based on better rules.

@prettypaperprints-2011 wrote:

Worth reading.... my sales have nearly stopped the last 2 to 3 weeks.

Last Christmas I was flat out. Ended all my Christmas items this year as hardly any are selling.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/A-Part-time-eBay-Sellers-Group/Ebay-sales-Dropped-Why-so-Slow/td-p/1511...

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

I buy lots from online stores and found most of the time, its cheaper buying the exact same item there than on ebay. Dont know why but i no longer find ebay cheaper.All i do is lets say im after "x" brand cordless drill,model etc,i do a search and i bet i can find it cheaper than ebays sellers price in which i did.. Another example was i bought a book and cheapest on ebay was $40,one online store had them for $25 which includes postage.Another was a eneloop charger and 4 eneloop batteries for $14.95 online where the same item on ebay was $39.95...

Before anyone jumps down my neck,yes i know ebay sellers have loads of fees etc to pay..Maybe this is why prices are creeping up and up on ebay???

Perhaps other buyers have found, shopping online cheaper than ebay and quite easy??

Anyway,thats what i found and yes i still buy items via ebay..

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

4Green

Where did you find the

"Another was a eneloop charger and 4 eneloop batteries for $14.95 online" ?

I think I paid $23 delivered or something like that from ebay. and $15 for just 4 x AA Eneloops.

And I do search widely before buying but never seen them that low.

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

eneloop?

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

eneloop batteries - low self discharge rechargeable batteries.

Come in AA and AAA and are made by Panasonic (they were made by Sanyo until Panasonic bought Sanyo).

You can charge them up and they have like 90% charge left after 1 year, 85% after 2 years and even

out to 5 years they can still have 70% of the charge (it varies according to type of eneloop model).

They are THE best batteries on the market and especially for things like Emergency torches in house, car etc.

Look them up in google etc.

Plenty of info on the pictures on the packet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eneloop

Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

I was doing well untill a week or so ago??

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

Measures of consumer confidence indicate that it is down .....

Consumer confidence has declined sharply, with the Westpac Melbourne Institute (“WMI”) Consumer Confidence Index reporting a fall of 5.7% to 91.1 in December 2014. This result represents the lowest consumer confidence level since August 2011 (second lowest since May 2009), with the index down 13.5% this calendar year.

http://www.insideretail.com.au/blog/2014/12/16/consumer-confidence-drops/

http://www.mcgrathnicol.com/whats-news-retail-december-2014/

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

@aps1080 wrote:

4Green

Where did you find the

"Another was a eneloop charger and 4 eneloop batteries for $14.95 online" ?

I think I paid $23 delivered or something like that from ebay. and $15 for just 4 x AA Eneloops.

And I do search widely before buying but never seen them that low.

Yes $14.95 at dick smith online store which was for this price for 3 days last week.I bought 4 sets.

picked them up at my local store after buying them or i could have them delivered here at my door for $4.95 for the 4 sets.

As i said it was a charger PLUS 4 AA eneloop batts X4 sets....PS..overnight charger and the batts were 4th generation panasonic.

They also had chocolate eneloops aa or aaa for $19.00 for 8 batts.

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

I sell hard to get Nike shoes which are always in demand, but not even any questions or offers this week.

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

Thankyou all for your comments. It appears to be a combination of a few things happening.

I guess we will have to see what the New Year brings. I may have to make adjustments to how I sell things or look for a job back in retail, which I really don't want to do.

I feel a part of all this is Ebay's  " Free Postage "  and we all know it isn't free. Plus the extra fees for postage we need to add onto our items.

I had a lot more sales before all this came in, when I could combine the postage.

I changed all my listings a couple of months ago, back to showing postage and Ebay dropped my ratings and search ranking  so much, I had no sales for 3 weeks.Just cant win.

Merry Christmas all

Message 20 of 31
Latest reply